- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
Defamation case against Rahul: charges to be framed in July
A magisterial court here today decided to frame charges against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in a defamation case filed against him by an RSS worker on July 28.
The framing of charges by a court in a case paves the way for start of the trial of those accused in that case.
Rahul did not appear in the court today and his lawyer filed an application for exemption for him from the appearance. The Congress leader was busy with political assignments, the lawyer said.
Granting Rahul exemption from appearance for today's hearing, the court posted the case for framing of charges on July 28.
Local RSS worker Rajesh Kunte has filed the defamation case against Congress vice president over the latter's speech in Bhiwandi on March 6, 2014 in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
During the rally, Rahul had allegedly said that "The RSS people killed (Mahatma) Gandhi."
The court had granted bail to Rahul in the case last November.
Rahul had said earlier that he won't apologise for his statement, as demanded by the complainant.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat sworn in as Uttarakhand CM 18 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Rahul congratulates Modi, BJP for wins in UP, Uttarakhand 11 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Amit Shah visits Mumbai RSS office ahead of Assembly results 10 Mar 2017 | PTI
- RSS sacks functionary who put bounty on Kerala CM's head 03 Mar 2017 | PTI
- People will take revenge on BJP for note ban: Rahul, Akhilesh 19 Feb 2017 | PTI
- BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul 13 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Modi likes peeping into bathrooms, not doing his job: Rahul 11 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Documents show larger conspiracy behind Gandhi's murder, SC told 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Karnataka legislator's son surrenders in assault case 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Irrespective of caste, creed, sex, religion India is one: Naidu 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- CBI questions, books Rotomac directors as loan default is seen to touch Rs 3,695 cr 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China 19 Feb 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...