Defamation case against Rahul: charges to be framed in July
A magisterial court here today decided to frame charges against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in a defamation case filed against him by an RSS worker on July 28.
The framing of charges by a court in a case paves the way for start of the trial of those accused in that case.
Rahul did not appear in the court today and his lawyer filed an application for exemption for him from the appearance. The Congress leader was busy with political assignments, the lawyer said.
Granting Rahul exemption from appearance for today's hearing, the court posted the case for framing of charges on July 28.
Local RSS worker Rajesh Kunte has filed the defamation case against Congress vice president over the latter's speech in Bhiwandi on March 6, 2014 in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
During the rally, Rahul had allegedly said that "The RSS people killed (Mahatma) Gandhi."
The court had granted bail to Rahul in the case last November.
Rahul had said earlier that he won't apologise for his statement, as demanded by the complainant.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat sworn in as Uttarakhand CM 18 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Rahul congratulates Modi, BJP for wins in UP, Uttarakhand 11 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Amit Shah visits Mumbai RSS office ahead of Assembly results 10 Mar 2017 | PTI
- RSS sacks functionary who put bounty on Kerala CM's head 03 Mar 2017 | PTI
- People will take revenge on BJP for note ban: Rahul, Akhilesh 19 Feb 2017 | PTI
- BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul 13 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Modi likes peeping into bathrooms, not doing his job: Rahul 11 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Blazing Dhoni, Rayudu power CSK to stunning win 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- T-Andhra Guv‚Äôs move kicks up political storm 25 Apr 2018 | Omer Farooq
- Data breach: Govt again sends notices to CA, Facebook 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Path-breaking initiative does the trick for Eastern Peripheral E-way 25 Apr 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- DMRC hikes parking rates by up to 67% 25 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC questions Centre on mandatory seeding of Aadhaar with mobile 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- North Korea nuclear test site part-collapsed: Chinese experts 25 Apr 2018 | AFP
- PNB to hire detective agencies to locate untraceable borrowers 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Congress video shows Modi with Asaram 25 Apr 2018 | IANS
- SC judges urge CJI to hold full court on issues plaguing judiciary 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...