- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Defamation case against Rahul: charges to be framed in July
A magisterial court here today decided to frame charges against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in a defamation case filed against him by an RSS worker on July 28.
The framing of charges by a court in a case paves the way for start of the trial of those accused in that case.
Rahul did not appear in the court today and his lawyer filed an application for exemption for him from the appearance. The Congress leader was busy with political assignments, the lawyer said.
Granting Rahul exemption from appearance for today's hearing, the court posted the case for framing of charges on July 28.
Local RSS worker Rajesh Kunte has filed the defamation case against Congress vice president over the latter's speech in Bhiwandi on March 6, 2014 in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
During the rally, Rahul had allegedly said that "The RSS people killed (Mahatma) Gandhi."
The court had granted bail to Rahul in the case last November.
Rahul had said earlier that he won't apologise for his statement, as demanded by the complainant.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat sworn in as Uttarakhand CM 18 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Rahul congratulates Modi, BJP for wins in UP, Uttarakhand 11 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Amit Shah visits Mumbai RSS office ahead of Assembly results 10 Mar 2017 | PTI
- RSS sacks functionary who put bounty on Kerala CM's head 03 Mar 2017 | PTI
- People will take revenge on BJP for note ban: Rahul, Akhilesh 19 Feb 2017 | PTI
- BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul 13 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Modi likes peeping into bathrooms, not doing his job: Rahul 11 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- NCR to get new international airport at Jewar 24 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Trump realises India has been "force for good" in world: top official 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Five STF jawans injured in gunbattle with Maoists in Sukma 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- BAT team carried special daggers, headband cameras to record terror attack 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- EC to continue hearing office of profit case against AAP MLAs 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- JK lynching: Cops form SIT, arrest five of 12 identified 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- DU announces first cut-off list 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...