- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Defamation case against Rahul: charges to be framed in July
A magisterial court here today decided to frame charges against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in a defamation case filed against him by an RSS worker on July 28.
The framing of charges by a court in a case paves the way for start of the trial of those accused in that case.
Rahul did not appear in the court today and his lawyer filed an application for exemption for him from the appearance. The Congress leader was busy with political assignments, the lawyer said.
Granting Rahul exemption from appearance for today's hearing, the court posted the case for framing of charges on July 28.
Local RSS worker Rajesh Kunte has filed the defamation case against Congress vice president over the latter's speech in Bhiwandi on March 6, 2014 in the run-up to Lok Sabha polls.
During the rally, Rahul had allegedly said that "The RSS people killed (Mahatma) Gandhi."
The court had granted bail to Rahul in the case last November.
Rahul had said earlier that he won't apologise for his statement, as demanded by the complainant.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat sworn in as Uttarakhand CM 18 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Rahul congratulates Modi, BJP for wins in UP, Uttarakhand 11 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Amit Shah visits Mumbai RSS office ahead of Assembly results 10 Mar 2017 | PTI
- RSS sacks functionary who put bounty on Kerala CM's head 03 Mar 2017 | PTI
- People will take revenge on BJP for note ban: Rahul, Akhilesh 19 Feb 2017 | PTI
- BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul 13 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Modi likes peeping into bathrooms, not doing his job: Rahul 11 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- CBI to look into Fairfax detective's Bofors allegations 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Woman tries to sell kidney to meet demand of her lover 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Bowling long spells in Tests remains my ultimate aim: Kuldeep 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- I-T dept launches 'online chat' to answer taxpayers queries 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Over 1,200 kg firecrackers seized, 29 held post SC ban on fireworks sale 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident' 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...