Dirty surrounding, open defecation behind children's deaths: Adityanath
Even as a magisterial probe is underway into the death of over 60 children, including infants, at the Baba Raghav Das Medical college in Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Saturday blamed lack of cleanliness.
Addressing a gathering at Allahabad, Adityanath told the gathering that the death of these children in his hometown was caused by filth and scourge of open defecation.
"There are vector-borne diseases, such as encephalitis, you must be hearing media reports of BRD medical college these days...it is a tragedy that lives of young children have been snuffed out at such young age because we do not lead a clean and hygienic life" he said while reminding the crowd that the the disease has been the bane of eastern Uttar Pradesh since 1978.
"Gandagi ki wajah se is desh ka baccha asamay kaal kalvit ho raha hai (Unclean surroundings are causing untimely death of children)," he said, while praising Prime Minister Narendra Modi and how his Swacch Bharat mission aimed at ridding people of the dirty and filth around them.
"The governments cannot be the problem, they are solutions and if they are problems in themselves they have no right to continue," he added.
- Beware of 'fake' samajwadis, Akhilesh tells party members 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ED files charge sheet against Kashmiri separatist leader Shah 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Arvind Subramanian to continue as CEA, gets 1-yr extension 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Britain's May asks for transition deal after Brexit 23 Sep 2017 | AFP
- Swaraj to address UN General Assembly tonight 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Film producer Morani surrenders in rape case 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Iran tests new missile defying US warnings 23 Sep 2017 | AFP
- Development, not votes, is our priority: PM 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- India calls for global action to counter use of Internet for radicalisation 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Pak shells border posts, hamlets; BSF jawans among 7 injured 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Cambrian Public School put up a great show and defeated Delhi Public School by 4/1 in the finals of the two-day Inter-School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup’-2017 at Delhi Public School, Ranchi on Friday. Subrata Dutta, Sr...