Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
- Asaram: The preacher who built an empire of Rs 10,000 crore 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- H1B approvals for Indian IT companies drop by 43% between 2015-17: Report 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Asaram found guilty of rape, two co-accused convicted 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India declines to endorse China's BRI at SCO Foreign Ministers meet 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Govt takes action on rape, but sons must also be made responsible for safe environment: Modi 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Asaram rape case verdict by Jodhpur court tomorrow, MHA asks 3 states to tightern security 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- ITC, GMR to submit vision for Taj upkeep 24 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Dokalam happened due to lack of mutual trust: China 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC prohibits further constructions in unauthorised colonies in Delhi 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India to open 2019 World Cup campaign against SA on June 5 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...