Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
- Police say 8 dead in Mississippi shooting 28 May 2017 | AP
- Azam Khan does it again, says keep women indoors to prevent molestation 28 May 2017 | IANS
- JKLF chairman Yasin Malik arrested 28 May 2017 | PTI
- Naidu, Kejriwal inaugurate Heritage Line of Delhi Metro 28 May 2017 | IANS
- Will come up with permanent Kashmir solution: Rajnath Singh 28 May 2017 | IANS
- Dirty war has to be fought with innovative ways: Gen Bipin Rawat 28 May 2017 | PTI
- Constructive criticism strengthens democracy: Modi on 3 years 28 May 2017 | IANS
- CBSE Class XII pass percentage dips, Noida girl tops with 99.6 pc 28 May 2017 | PTI
- Curfew, restrictions in Kashmir to prevent violence 28 May 2017 | IANS
- Petition in Pak SC seeks immediate execution of Jadhav 28 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
28 May 2017 | Omer Farooq | Hyderabad
The love marriage of an Upper Caste girl with a lower caste boy has ended in a grisly tragedy. As the girl ended her life due to harassment of her family, police have arrested her father T Srinivas Reddy on the charges of murdering his son-in-law Amboji Naresh...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 May 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI/ PARVINDER BHATIA/ ASHIS SINHA | Ranchi/ Jamshedpur/ Bokaro
Harsh Shah of DAV Public School, Pundag, grabbed the first position in the State in science stream by scoring 97.8 per cent marks in the All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Exam (AISSSCE) results declared on Sunday...