Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
- Nitish to be sworn in as Bihar CM again on Thursday 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- BJP hands over to guv letter of support to Nitish Kumar 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Nitish's resignation was 'pre-planned', says Lalu 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Modi congratulates Nitish after resignation 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Nitish Kumar drops political bombshell, resigns as Bihar CM 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Dhawan, Pujara power India to 399/3 against Sri Lanka 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Lalu rules out Tejaswi's resignation, blames BJP 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Police question actor Dileep's wife 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Right to privacy fundamental right, but a qualified one: Centre to SC 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- No talks unless India withdraws, China says before Doval visit 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Praising her tenure in Home department, Director General of Police Rishi Shukla wished Principal Secretary of General Administration Department (GAD) Seema Sharma, better health and happy life before her retirement on Wednesday. DGP Shukla said that during her tenure as Home department, at administrative level she understood problems and challenges of the department and took positive initiatives over the proposals which were the remarkable achievement of her tenure...