- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- BSF officer injured in overnight ceasefire violation 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Minister close to CM Akhilesh expelled from SP by Shivpal 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Manipuri student found dead in JNU hostel 26 Oct 2016 | IANS
- Pak should act against militants on home soil: US 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Yeddyurappa, 3 family members acquitted in mining graft case 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Jaya 'very well', will return home soon: AIADMK 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Akhilesh Yadav meets UP governor, sparks speculation 26 Oct 2016 | IANS
- National Geographic's famed 'Afghan Girl' arrested in Pakistan 26 Oct 2016 | IANS
- Pak uses terrorism as State policy which is suicidal: Naidu 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Modi-Key talks: NZ assures "constructive" approach on NSG bid 26 Oct 2016 | PTI
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
27 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav called on Governor Ram Naik on Wednesday and is believed to have briefed him about the volatile political situation prevailing forthe last 38 days in Uttar Pradesh following his ouster from the post of state president of Samajwadi Party. The meeting lasted for around 30 minutes...
My family and the Samajwadi Party are united. All workers are united. There are some conspirators who do not have any mass base.
Trump suffers from very poor self-esteem. He has no insight, no intuition, no creativity, no capacity to offer hope.
Film-makers of the past were creative people and not businessmen. That is why they could make the kind of cinema they did.