Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
- Yadav takes hat-trick as India go 2-0 up against Australia 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- IITs revoke year-old ban on 31 companies, allowing them to hire students 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 'Musharraf claims Zardari responsible for Benazir's killing' 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Rescuers in grim search for survivors of Mexico quake 21 Sep 2017 | AFP
- SC warns BCCI officials over draft constitution 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Rane quits Cong, says it didn't keep promise of making him CM 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Kejriwal invites Kamal to joint active politics 21 Sep 2017 | IANS
- HC allows Durga idol immersion on all days, including Muharram 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Dawood in 'setting' with government to return to India: Raj Thackeray 21 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Sonia writes to Modi on women's reservation bill 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
A day-long special session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will be held on Friday. The session would carry out Government business, a Chhattisgarh Assembly press release informed ...