- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
- Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe President 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- RSS chief pitches for Ram temple at disputed site in Ayodhya 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Fare hike costs metro three lakh commuters a day 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- S African court doubles Pistorius sentence to more than 13 yrs 24 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause' 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Lac Bangles in demand at IITF Colourful bangles of lac have become the center of attraction among the people present in the Jharkhand pavilion at IITF 2017. In the era of fashion today people are eventually connected with the traditional look and so they love to wear lac bangles...