- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Virat's trust was important as I could have retired: Yuvraj 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- SC not to pass Jallikattu verdict for a week 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- TN CM says he will inaugurate Jallikattu in a day or two 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Dangal's Zaira spars with Minister over comparison with girl in hijab 20 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Shivpal finds place in Akhilesh Yadav's first list 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rajnath assures action on promulgation of Jallikattu ordinance 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Free expression in varsities under threat: Manmohan Singh 20 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Trump promises to 'work hard' for the American people 20 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Cash flow to normalise soon: Urjit Patel 20 Jan 2017 | IANS
- SC to name BCCI admins on Jan 24, modifies earlier order 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
20 Jan 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
It is official now. Rashtriya Lok Dal will not be part of proposed Samajwadi Party and Congress alliance as Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is not interested to take RLD in the loop because of Muslim anger towards Chaudhry Ajit Singh...
I want to personally thank Obama (and Michelle) for changing my life. His courage and compassion created equality for everyone.
My father has care and concern for others. You can’t control the world; you can only control your reaction.
Virat (Kohli) has showed a lot of trust in me and it was very important for me that people in the dressing room trust me.