- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Chicago on edge after police shooting video 25 Nov 2015 | AFP
- Modi, Obama to meet on sidelines of Paris climate conference 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
- 'Tolerance is in India's DNA', Naqvi on Aamir's remarks 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Winter session to start tomorrow, Govt to focus on GST Bill 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
- 'Turkey's right to protect borders should be respected' 25 Nov 2015 | IANS
- Three militants storm Army camp in Kashmir, killed 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
- AAP workers hold protest outside BJP MLA's house 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
- India capitulate for 215 before hitting back on Day 1 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Intolerance debate getting chaotic: A.R. Rahman 25 Nov 2015 | IANS
- PM appeals to Opposition for cooperation for passage of GST 25 Nov 2015 | PTI
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
26 Nov 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
There is only one thing certain about the winter session of the UP legislature - uncertainty. The UP government may not convene the winter session of the legislature after all...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.