- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
- Shah to hold meeting with J-K BJP ministers in Delhi today 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM turning blind eye to anarchy in Delhi: Rahul Gandhi 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM regards Northeast as 'Ashta Lakshmi', it will soon become biggest contributor to GDP: Shah 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Rahul writes to slain scribe's father, offers condolence 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Nirav Modi managed to travel despite Interpol flashing info on revocation of passport: CBI 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Vice Prez visits AIIMS to inquire about Vajpayee's health 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Pradhan to take up crude price issue at OPEC Vienna meet 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
- After Jain, now Sisodia sent to hospital 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Chandimal denies ball tampering with sweet, rescues Sri Lanka with bat 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India has overcome Congress legacy, can no more use it as excuse: NITI Aayog Vice Chairman 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jun 2018 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
214 Battalion of CRPF and Latehar district police on Monday recovered one AK56, said Commandant of 214 battalion of CRPF Ajay Singh. Sources said it has been recovered at village Kuyee under Garu police station which is a kendu leaf hub and here the stake of the extremists be they are CPI Maoists or JJMP is too high...