- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Emergence of AAP a warning, challenge: Dwivedi
Describing the emergence of AAP as a "warning and a challenge", a senior Congress leader said it reflected the anger of the people towards the system and major parties.
Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi, at the same time, said "this kind of anarchy" cannot create an "ideal system".In an apparent attack on BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said it was a "pity" that through "arm-twisting", a leader of a state had forced his leadership in BJP on others.
Cautioning that one who strays in politics is negated by people, he said the victory of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi is not the victory of any party, leave aside ideology."Those who have won here have no ideology. They have won because of the discontent among people. This is the victory of the anger of the people towards the major parties.
"This is the victory of the grievance of common residents from the system. This is a challenge, this is a warning. It should be accepted like that....I think all parties, including Congress, are realising this now," Dwivedi said. Without naming Modi, he said he felt pity on BJP as a leader of a state had become such a "strongman" that by "twisting the arm of others", he forcibly declared himself the leader.
"It is not proper to say anything more on the internal affairs of another party or any leader," he said. Dwivedi said the values of democracy and anti-communalism were alive in the country and the "the spirit of India is democratic and non-communal."
To questions about the failure of Congress in coming back to power in many states where it once ruled, Dwivedi said there were some problems in candidate selection, but the bigger problem was that "we did not try to create new leadership keeping in mind the entire society".
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Shutdown affects life in Kashmir 26 May 2016 | IANS
- Kejriwal slams Modi Govt for overexpenditure on advertisements 26 May 2016 | IANS
- Italian marine Salvatore Girone can leave India: SC 26 May 2016 | IANS
- Had just 10 secs to make final decision: Air ambulance pilot 26 May 2016 | PTI
- Have undertaken 'maximum' reforms, enormous task ahead: PM 26 May 2016 | PTI
- 3 workers killed in blast at chemical factory in Mumbai 26 May 2016 | PTI
- HC stays reservation for Jats, five other communities 26 May 2016 | PTI
- Modi's rule 'most disappointing' for country: Congress 26 May 2016 | PTI
- Swamy fires fresh salvo; asks PM to sack Rajan immediately 26 May 2016 | PTI
- Umar, Anirban moves HC for putting on hold their rustication 26 May 2016 | PTI
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
26 May 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday gave its nod for taking up the Vizianagaram and Titlagarh 3rd line project at an estimated cost of Rs2,335.68 crore...
Introduction of NEET would be a direct infringement on the rights of the State and would cause grave injustice to the State’s students.
I am fighting with myself all the time. I constantly try to up my standard a little bit. I don't have time to look behind.
The idea of fashion is for people to discuss, and I guess she (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with purple lipstick) wanted to be discussed.