Govt a complete failure in job creation: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi today attacked the Modi government after it listed its achievements in the President's address, alleging that it has been a "complete failure" on job creation front.
"The main question in India today is creation of jobs for young people. It is a big issue today to provide jobs for youth in India," Rahul said outside Parliament after President Pranab Mukherjee's customary address on the first day of the Budget session of Parliament.
The Congress vice-president, who is actively campaigning in the election bound states, said, "Government has failed in this matter. Government is a complete failure in job creation. That's my main point."
Marking opening of the Budget session, the President in his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament referred to demonetisation to fight blackmoney and corruption as also the surgical strikes across the LoC as bold decisions, both of which were received with thumping of desks by members.
The President said a nationwide network of 50 India International Skill Centres was being established with the objective of providing training of global standards to the youth.
He said over 20 lakh youth have benefited from the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- President for debate on simultaneous LS, Assembly polls 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- PM hopes for comprehensive discussions during Budget session 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Sidhu joins Congress after meeting Rahul Gandhi 15 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress delegation to China 07 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Rahul puts forth demands to PM ahead of his address 31 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul to address public gathering in Baran tomorrow 25 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul trying to weaken fight against black money: BJP 24 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Mamata concerned over rise in petrol, diesel prices 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Congress-mukt Northeast after Mizoram polls: Amit Shah 20 May 2018 | IANS
- Congress accuses Modi of using petrol price as political tool, demands cut 20 May 2018 | IANS
- 18 people stranded due to unseasonal snowfall rescued in JK 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Ahead of swearing-in, Kumaraswamy to meet Sonia, Rahul in Delhi tomorrow 20 May 2018 | PTI
- China's gold mine at Arunachal border may become another flash point with India 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Karnataka development a victory for democracy: Rajinikanth 20 May 2018 | PTI
- India working on unmanned tanks, vessels, robotic weaponry for future wars 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Petrol, diesel in Delhi hit record highs 20 May 2018 | IANS
- Pak Rangers ring up BSF to stop firing as trooper killed, assets destroyed across IB 20 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | Bokaro
More than dozens of the trains were affected after a traffic block conducted by railway on Bokaro-Kotshila rail block on Saturday. The traffic block was conducted to eliminate two unmanned railway crossing between Bokaro and Kotshila and to construct limited height subway there, informed S K Srivastava DRM Adra Division...