Govt a complete failure in job creation: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi today attacked the Modi government after it listed its achievements in the President's address, alleging that it has been a "complete failure" on job creation front.
"The main question in India today is creation of jobs for young people. It is a big issue today to provide jobs for youth in India," Rahul said outside Parliament after President Pranab Mukherjee's customary address on the first day of the Budget session of Parliament.
The Congress vice-president, who is actively campaigning in the election bound states, said, "Government has failed in this matter. Government is a complete failure in job creation. That's my main point."
Marking opening of the Budget session, the President in his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament referred to demonetisation to fight blackmoney and corruption as also the surgical strikes across the LoC as bold decisions, both of which were received with thumping of desks by members.
The President said a nationwide network of 50 India International Skill Centres was being established with the objective of providing training of global standards to the youth.
He said over 20 lakh youth have benefited from the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- President for debate on simultaneous LS, Assembly polls 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- PM hopes for comprehensive discussions during Budget session 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Sidhu joins Congress after meeting Rahul Gandhi 15 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress delegation to China 07 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Rahul puts forth demands to PM ahead of his address 31 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul to address public gathering in Baran tomorrow 25 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul trying to weaken fight against black money: BJP 24 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Fuel prices will come down soon: Pradhan 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 3.5-magnitude quake rattles N Korea near nuclear test site 23 Sep 2017 | AFP
- Senior journalist, mother murdered in Mohali house 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- We all lied about Jaya's health condition: TN Minister 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Does NKorean H-bomb threat push US closer to war? 23 Sep 2017 | AP
- Beware of 'fake' samajwadis, Akhilesh tells party members 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ED files charge sheet against Kashmiri separatist leader Shah 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Arvind Subramanian to continue as CEA, gets 1-yr extension 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Britain's May asks for transition deal after Brexit 23 Sep 2017 | AFP
- Swaraj to address UN General Assembly tonight 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a clear indication of an irreconcilable rift between it and its senior alliance partner BJP, the Shiv Sena on Saturday staged simultaneous protests at 12 places across the metropolis against the hike in prices of fuel, essential commodities and domestic gas cylinders. Amid intense speculation that Sena president Uddhav Thackeray — during his Dussehra rally to be held next week — might announce withdrawal of his party’s support to the...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Saturday said that the foundation for new power plant at Patratu — a joint venture of Jharkhand Government and National Thermal Power Corruption (NTPC) will be laid soon. During a meeting with NTPC Chairman Gurdeep Singh here on Thursday CM said that the plant will not only fill the energy gap in State but will also be able to supply power to other States...