Govt a complete failure in job creation: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi today attacked the Modi government after it listed its achievements in the President's address, alleging that it has been a "complete failure" on job creation front.
"The main question in India today is creation of jobs for young people. It is a big issue today to provide jobs for youth in India," Rahul said outside Parliament after President Pranab Mukherjee's customary address on the first day of the Budget session of Parliament.
The Congress vice-president, who is actively campaigning in the election bound states, said, "Government has failed in this matter. Government is a complete failure in job creation. That's my main point."
Marking opening of the Budget session, the President in his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament referred to demonetisation to fight blackmoney and corruption as also the surgical strikes across the LoC as bold decisions, both of which were received with thumping of desks by members.
The President said a nationwide network of 50 India International Skill Centres was being established with the objective of providing training of global standards to the youth.
He said over 20 lakh youth have benefited from the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- President for debate on simultaneous LS, Assembly polls 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- PM hopes for comprehensive discussions during Budget session 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Sidhu joins Congress after meeting Rahul Gandhi 15 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress delegation to China 07 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Rahul puts forth demands to PM ahead of his address 31 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul to address public gathering in Baran tomorrow 25 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul trying to weaken fight against black money: BJP 24 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings 11 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Jaitley rules out PM apology for targeting Manmohan 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Modi congratulates Rahul on elevation as Cong president 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- India to play 81 matches at home from 2019-2023 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi elected as Congress president 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Congress demands apology from Modi over 'insinuations' on Pakistan links 11 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Shatrughan Sinha questions Modi over 'unbelievable' tales against opponents 11 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Waiting for answers on corruption allegations from 'Maun sahab', Rahul to Modi 11 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Delhi boy 'commits' suicide a day after locals try to molest his sister 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Why did Manmohan not show courage to order surgical strikes post 26/11: Modi 11 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The Chipko Movement leader and noted activist Chandi Prasad Bhatt said that the Himalayan region is experiencing the effects of lack of political will and absence of ground level implementation of various environmental laws. He said this while delivering the second RS Tolia memorial lecture on the occasion of International Mountain Day at the regional science centre of the Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) here on Monday...