- Bollywood legend Sridevi passes away at the age of 54
- India beat South Africa by 7 runs to clinch series 2-1
- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Govt a complete failure in job creation: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi today attacked the Modi government after it listed its achievements in the President's address, alleging that it has been a "complete failure" on job creation front.
"The main question in India today is creation of jobs for young people. It is a big issue today to provide jobs for youth in India," Rahul said outside Parliament after President Pranab Mukherjee's customary address on the first day of the Budget session of Parliament.
The Congress vice-president, who is actively campaigning in the election bound states, said, "Government has failed in this matter. Government is a complete failure in job creation. That's my main point."
Marking opening of the Budget session, the President in his address to the joint sitting of both the Houses of Parliament referred to demonetisation to fight blackmoney and corruption as also the surgical strikes across the LoC as bold decisions, both of which were received with thumping of desks by members.
The President said a nationwide network of 50 India International Skill Centres was being established with the objective of providing training of global standards to the youth.
He said over 20 lakh youth have benefited from the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- President for debate on simultaneous LS, Assembly polls 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- PM hopes for comprehensive discussions during Budget session 31 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Akhilesh, Rahul call for crushing BJP's divisive politics 29 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul on Badals: Sukhbir an icon of corruption 28 Jan 2017 | IANS
- 'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him 17 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Sidhu joins Congress after meeting Rahul Gandhi 15 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress delegation to China 07 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Rahul puts forth demands to PM ahead of his address 31 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul to address public gathering in Baran tomorrow 25 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul trying to weaken fight against black money: BJP 24 Dec 2016 | PTI
- BJP to hold discussion on February 28 with eyes on 2019 polls 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- CRPF to get 25 high-end drones to tackle Maoists, terrorists 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Fans gather outside Sridevi's house, mortal remains to arrive tonight 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Railways opts for latest tech worth Rs 2,726 crore to enhance track safety 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Day-to-day safety should be part of our lives: PM Modi 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Use AI to make lives of 'divyangs', farmers simpler: Modi 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Kashyap wins Austrian Open 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Cold tightens grip in Himachal after more snow 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Actress Sridevi passes away 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India post 172/7 in 3rd T20I 24 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Feb 2018 | M Venkaiah Naidu
Today, we are conferring International Gandhi Award-2017 on two outstanding personalities, Dr MD Gupte and Dr Atul Shah, for their selfless and humanitarian services in the cause of elimination of leprosy and in alleviating the suffering of leprosy-affected patients. Leprosy has been prevalent in our country since a very long time...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Feb 2018 | PNS | Bokaro
Over 600 Government primary and middle schools do not have power supply across the Bokaro district at present. As per the government directive, all the government schools must have been electrified by the end of the financial year 2016-17, about 619 primary and middle schools yet to get electric supply across the district, reveals official data...