- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
HC exempts Kejriwal from personal appearance in defamation case
The Delhi High Court on Thursday exempted Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal from personal appearance before a trial court on December 11 in a criminal defamation case filed by Rajya Sabha MP and Essel Group Chairman Subhash Chandra.
Justice Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, however, refused to stay the trial court's proceedings in the case and posted the matter for January 22.
The High Court, while issuing notice to Delhi Police and Chandra, sought their response on Kejriwal's plea to stay the summons issued to him by the trial court.
Chandra had sought Kejriwal's prosecution for allegedly defaming him by levelling false allegations in the wake of demonetisation.
Chandra had said in his petition that Kejriwal made "false, fabricated and defamatory allegations" against him while addressing a press conference on November 11 last year.
Chandra sought Kejriwal's prosecution under Section 500 (defamation) of the Indian Penal Code.
- Congress's Ramesh Kumar elected Karnataka Assembly Speaker 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Gadkari advocates bringing fuel under GST 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM 25 May 2018 | AFP
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through 25 May 2018 | PTI
- NIA court convicts five IM militants in 2013 Bodh Gaya blasts 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured 25 May 2018 | PTI
- HDK to face floor test tomorrow; BJP throws gauntlet, fields Nominee for Speaker's post 24 May 2018 | PTI
- TN firing toll 13; Stalin, CM trade accusations on violence 24 May 2018 | PTI
- CS assault case: Sisodia to be quizzed tomorrow 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Centre working on long-term solution to fuel prices: Pradhan 24 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...