Hillary Clinton injured during Rajasthan visit
Former United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton today picked injuries in her hand during her visit to Rajasthan's Jodhpur and had to cancel some of her programmes as a result, officials said.
Hillary arrived here this morning on a two-day sojourn and was scheduled to visit the Mehrangarh Fort in the evening, they said.
She was staying at the Umaid Bhawan Palace here and a team of doctors from a private hospital nearby was sent there to examine her.
The doctors said the Democratic Party candidate in the 2016 US presidential polls had a sprain in her hand and was given required treatment. They advised her rest.
The Mehrangarh Fort authorities said her programme to visit there was cancelled due to the injuries and she might visit there tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow, she is also scheduled to visit the carpet-making units of Salawas village in Jodhpur, where she will interact with weavers and witness the making of carpets, district administration officials said.
She will later go to the Mihir Garh, a world renowned boutique hotel in Roeht in Pali district on Jodhpur-Pali highway, they said.
According to her schedule, She will be staying for a night there and leave for Delhi on Thursday morning, the officials said.
- Rahul attacks PM over non-construction of super speciality hospital in Odisha 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Army chief reviews security situation along LoC 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Modi accuses Congress of ignoring cities 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Chidambaram rejects Jaitley's charge against Rahul Gandhi 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Kumaraswamy accuses Centre of taking unilateral decision on Cauvery panel 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- BJP will not allow Kashmir to get disintegrated from India: Shah 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India summons Pak deputy HC over denial to envoy to meet pilgrims 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 23 Air India flights delayed due to software malfunction 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- VP calls for mindset change for empowering widows 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Modi launches Mohanpura Irrigation project in MP 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | RANCHI
Taking the vision of ‘New India’ and the challenges ahead among the aspiring business managers, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha discussed elaborately on the concept of ‘Farms to Frontiers’ to accelerate the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate while addressing the students of new batch of Indian Institute of Management-Ranchi (2018-2020) here on Saturday. Sharing his insights, understanding of business ventures and a few examples from his public...