India awaiting response from Pak on NIA visit
India is awaiting a response from Pakistan on a visit by an NIA team there to review progress in Pathankot investigation, nearly three weeks after Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar had raised the issue with his Pakistani counterpart here.
During a meeting with Pakistan Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry on April 26, Jaishankar had highlighted the need to review progress in Pathankot investigation, for which an NIA Team could visit Pakistan.
"We are ascertaining Pakistan's response. Details will be worked out subsequently," a government source said while reacting to reports of NIA seeking to visit Pakistan.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) has already said that it would like to visit Pakistan to carry forward the investigation in the Pathankot attack. A letter is being sent to the MEA for further communication to Pakistan, NIA sources said.
A Pakistan JIT had visited India in March in connection with the probe in the Pathankot terror attack perpetrated by the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).
After the visit, NIA DG had said that the interaction with JIT was held in accordance with terms of reference mutually agreed on the basis of reciprocity.
The terrorists had entered the strategic air base at Pathankot on the intervening night of January one-two and mounted the brazen assault. In the fierce encounter that ensued, seven security personnel besides four terrorists were killed.
- Army Major detained from Meerut for his involvement in killing another Major's wife 24 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Pak elections: Independent candidate declares over Rs 400 billion in assets 24 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Verma bags silver, bronze; Deepika eyeing two medals in recurve 24 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Canadian PM calls Air India bombing an act of 'malice' 24 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Oppn parties must set aside egos to take on BJP in 2019: Tejashwi Yadav 24 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Violence cannot solve any problem: PM 24 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM inaugurates Delhi Metro's Mundka-Bahadurgarh section 24 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Rahul attacks PM over non-construction of super speciality hospital in Odisha 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Army chief reviews security situation along LoC 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Modi accuses Congress of ignoring cities 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | Lucknow
Cabinet minister and Suheldeo Bhartiya Samaj Party chief Om Prakash Rajbhar along with his supporters constructed a road in his village near Varanasi on Saturday. The minister, a compulsive dissident in the Yogi government, resorted to the extreme step maintaining that despite repeated requests, the Public Works Department (PWD) refused to construct the road...