- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
India awaiting response from Pak on NIA visit
India is awaiting a response from Pakistan on a visit by an NIA team there to review progress in Pathankot investigation, nearly three weeks after Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar had raised the issue with his Pakistani counterpart here.
During a meeting with Pakistan Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry on April 26, Jaishankar had highlighted the need to review progress in Pathankot investigation, for which an NIA Team could visit Pakistan.
"We are ascertaining Pakistan's response. Details will be worked out subsequently," a government source said while reacting to reports of NIA seeking to visit Pakistan.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) has already said that it would like to visit Pakistan to carry forward the investigation in the Pathankot attack. A letter is being sent to the MEA for further communication to Pakistan, NIA sources said.
A Pakistan JIT had visited India in March in connection with the probe in the Pathankot terror attack perpetrated by the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).
After the visit, NIA DG had said that the interaction with JIT was held in accordance with terms of reference mutually agreed on the basis of reciprocity.
The terrorists had entered the strategic air base at Pathankot on the intervening night of January one-two and mounted the brazen assault. In the fierce encounter that ensued, seven security personnel besides four terrorists were killed.
- 184 killed in militant attack on Egypt mosque 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Congress wants to break Army's morale, says Sitharaman 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Indian bowlers skittle out defensive Sri Lanka for 205 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- National opposition should work together to challenge Modi 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe President 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- RSS chief pitches for Ram temple at disputed site in Ayodhya 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Fare hike costs metro three lakh commuters a day 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- S African court doubles Pistorius sentence to more than 13 yrs 24 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The alleged anti-defection case related to six former JVM legislators, switching to the BJP post-elections, is nearing conclusion with the Tribunal ordering to shortlist the remaining witnesses by cutting down the original list of 78. Also, at least six witnesses have to be presented in each hearing now onwards...