India bowl out South Africa for 335
India bowled out South Africa for 335 in their first innings before reaching 4/0 till lunch on the second day of the second cricket Test at the SuperSport Park here on Sunday.
Captain Faf du Plessis (63) registered his 17th fifty in Test cricket as South Africa added 66 runs to their overnight score of 269/6.
Du Plessis, who was unbeaten on 24 on Saturday, drove the hosts forward in the morning even though he didn't get convincing support from the other end. His juducious shot selection helped him negotiate the Indian bowlers.
Seamer Mohammed Shami removed overnight batsman Keshav Maharaj (18) early. He edged to wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel.
Kagiso Rabada (11) hooked a rising delivery from Ishant Sharma for a catch to Hardik Pandya who had to run forward from deep square leg. But South Africa had already reached 324/8 by this time thanks to du Plessis.
Du Plessis, later, missed the line of an Ishant delivery as the ball crashed his stumps to fall the ninth wicket of the hosts.
Morne Morkel swivelled one full-toss from off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin to the hands of Murali Vijay at deep cover to bring an end to the first innings of South Africa.
Only one over of India's first innings was possible before the umpires called for the end of the first session.
Vijay (4 batting) and Lokesh Rahul (0 batting) were unbeaten for India.
Brief scores: South Africa first innings: 335 all out (Aiden Markram 94, Hashim Amla 82, Faf du Plessis 63; Ravichandran Ashwin 4/113, Ishant Sharma 3/46) vs India: 4/0 in first innings till lunch on Day 2.
- Unrealistic to expect GST to settle down in less than 10 years: Bibek Debroy 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- PILs for Rohingyas bid to change India's demography: Centre to SC 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- KCR, Mamata pitch for Federal Front 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- India summons Pakistan Deputy HC over ceasefire violations, lodges strong protest 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- BJP trying to suppress my voice: Chandrababu Naidu 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Cong govt in Karna to recommend religious minority tag to Lingayat/ Veerashaivas 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Aditynath government rings in first year in power with music and dance 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Kejriwal apologizes to Gadkari to end defamation case 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- SC notice to dentist couple in Aarushi murder case 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Court convicts Lalu Prasad in 4th case of fodder scam 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Police investigation in the case of a security guard of district cooperative bank in Champawat shot dead two of his colleagues following an altercation on March 16 revealed that the guard Dinesh Bora contracted through a local security agency was not properly trained. Bora had reportedly shot dead the bank cashier Lalit Bisht and peon Rajesh Verma at the bank in Khetikhan...