India needs to reply to defence evidence in Mallya extradition case before Nov 3: MEA
Giving details of the case before the Westminster Magistrates' Court in the UK, ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said the extradition request in respect of Mallya, accused of many financial defaults, was handed over to the UK High Commission here on February 9.
Mallya was arrested and produced before the Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on April 18 for extradition hearing and granted conditional bail, he said.
In the case management review held on July 6, the tentative date for extradition hearing was announced to be December 4 and Mallya's bail was also extended until then on the same terms and conditions, the spokesperson said.
"Another case management review hearing was held on 14 September 2017 in which defence evidence was served to UK Crown Prosecution Service for response from Indian side. Indian authorities need to send reply to the defence evidence before 3 November 2017," he added.
He also noted that in the hearing on October 4, UK Crown Prosecution Service on behalf of India filed supplemental affidavit in connection with money laundering charges.
Mallya was re-arrested and granted bail thereafter till December 4 when extradition hearing is scheduled to commence, Kumar said, adding the pre-trial review on the case is scheduled for November 20.
- Rahul attacks PM over non-construction of super speciality hospital in Odisha 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Army chief reviews security situation along LoC 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Modi accuses Congress of ignoring cities 23 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Chidambaram rejects Jaitley's charge against Rahul Gandhi 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Kumaraswamy accuses Centre of taking unilateral decision on Cauvery panel 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- BJP will not allow Kashmir to get disintegrated from India: Shah 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India summons Pak deputy HC over denial to envoy to meet pilgrims 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 23 Air India flights delayed due to software malfunction 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- VP calls for mindset change for empowering widows 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Modi launches Mohanpura Irrigation project in MP 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | RANCHI
Taking the vision of ‘New India’ and the challenges ahead among the aspiring business managers, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha discussed elaborately on the concept of ‘Farms to Frontiers’ to accelerate the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate while addressing the students of new batch of Indian Institute of Management-Ranchi (2018-2020) here on Saturday. Sharing his insights, understanding of business ventures and a few examples from his public...