- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
India needs to reply to defence evidence in Mallya extradition case before Nov 3: MEA
Giving details of the case before the Westminster Magistrates' Court in the UK, ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said the extradition request in respect of Mallya, accused of many financial defaults, was handed over to the UK High Commission here on February 9.
Mallya was arrested and produced before the Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on April 18 for extradition hearing and granted conditional bail, he said.
In the case management review held on July 6, the tentative date for extradition hearing was announced to be December 4 and Mallya's bail was also extended until then on the same terms and conditions, the spokesperson said.
"Another case management review hearing was held on 14 September 2017 in which defence evidence was served to UK Crown Prosecution Service for response from Indian side. Indian authorities need to send reply to the defence evidence before 3 November 2017," he added.
He also noted that in the hearing on October 4, UK Crown Prosecution Service on behalf of India filed supplemental affidavit in connection with money laundering charges.
Mallya was re-arrested and granted bail thereafter till December 4 when extradition hearing is scheduled to commence, Kumar said, adding the pre-trial review on the case is scheduled for November 20.
- India aspires to and moving towards a $5 tn economy: PM 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar shine as India begin T20 series in style 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Nirav fraud: PNB officials took commission to sign LoUs 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- CM presence in Goa Assembly session doubtful, panel to decide on curtailment 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Will consult legal experts on appealing against Cauvery verdict: TN CM 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Diamond is now fraudster's best friend! Nexus under scanner 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- School students set to present social projects at UN 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...