- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
India needs to reply to defence evidence in Mallya extradition case before Nov 3: MEA
Giving details of the case before the Westminster Magistrates' Court in the UK, ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said the extradition request in respect of Mallya, accused of many financial defaults, was handed over to the UK High Commission here on February 9.
Mallya was arrested and produced before the Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on April 18 for extradition hearing and granted conditional bail, he said.
In the case management review held on July 6, the tentative date for extradition hearing was announced to be December 4 and Mallya's bail was also extended until then on the same terms and conditions, the spokesperson said.
"Another case management review hearing was held on 14 September 2017 in which defence evidence was served to UK Crown Prosecution Service for response from Indian side. Indian authorities need to send reply to the defence evidence before 3 November 2017," he added.
He also noted that in the hearing on October 4, UK Crown Prosecution Service on behalf of India filed supplemental affidavit in connection with money laundering charges.
Mallya was re-arrested and granted bail thereafter till December 4 when extradition hearing is scheduled to commence, Kumar said, adding the pre-trial review on the case is scheduled for November 20.
- CBI to look into Fairfax detective's Bofors allegations 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Woman tries to sell kidney to meet demand of her lover 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Bowling long spells in Tests remains my ultimate aim: Kuldeep 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- I-T dept launches 'online chat' to answer taxpayers queries 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Over 1,200 kg firecrackers seized, 29 held post SC ban on fireworks sale 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident' 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...