- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Japan PM Abe calls NKorean launch 'absolutely intolerable' 07 Feb 2016 | AFP
- Suggest names for panel on free books, uniform to EWS kids: HC 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble 07 Feb 2016 | AP
- Govt wants fresh bill to probe complaints against judges 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
- AGP may consider ties with BJP if proposal comes: Mahanta 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
- WHO may find Delhi most polluted, but many Indian cities worse 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
- Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe into student's death case 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
- PM urges scientists to make innovation useful for masses 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
- Parrikar rules out withdrawing troops from Siachen 07 Feb 2016 | IANS
- Bihar passing through 'jungle raj': Paswan 07 Feb 2016 | PTI
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
08 Feb 2016 | IANS | Shimla
Himachal Pradesh's capital Shimla and its nearby tourist spots received a spell of snow on Sunday after a long dry weather, giving the resort and its neighbouring areas a picturesque look. Towns in upper Shimla district were cut off with heavy snow cover piled on roads, officials said...
Prime Minister Modi can advance the interest of the people of India by working effectively with President Obama.
I’m endorsing Marco Rubio to be our next president. We have got to turn the page on the Obama Administration.
Whatever is conjecture (about Netaji Bose) is not of consequence to me. What is of consequence is that he was fighting for India’s freedom.