- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Turkey releases audio of warnings to downed Russian plane 26 Nov 2015 | AFP
- Debates, dialogue soul of Parliament: PM 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Shiv Sena blasts Pawar for backing Aamir Khan 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Mumbai remembers heroes, victims of 26/11 terror attacks 26 Nov 2015 | IANS
- SA fall under spin pressure as India eye series win 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Rajya Sabha adjourns after death of sitting MP 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- AAP govt orders probe into missing words in advertisements 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Defamation case against Rahul Gandhi: Interim stay to continue 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Need collaborative not confrontationist politics: Naidu 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- India successfully test-fires N-capable Prithvi II missile 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
27 Nov 2015 | PNS | Ranchi
The first-ever Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman launched by JSPL foundation to recognise talent at the grassroots level, has garnered 358 entries from across the country. Maharashtra topped the list with 41, followed by Jharkhand at 40, Odisha at 39 and Delhi with 30...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.