- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Stokes, Mills go big; 1 Afghan, rookie Indians hit pay dirt 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Video footage shows attack on North Korean: Report 20 Feb 2017 | AP
- Congress to approach EC over Modi's remarks 20 Feb 2017 | IANS
- Action against Saeed first step in bringing him to justice: MEA 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Trump says remark about Sweden referred to something on TV 20 Feb 2017 | AP
- DMK moves Madras High Court challenging trust vote 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
- India's record satellite launch ramps up space race: Chinese media 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Will transform Bundelkhand like Kutch: PM 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
- TCS Board approves Rs 16,000 cr share buyback 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Pak army rejects report on Bajwa's 'read book on India' advice 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
21 Feb 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Political rhetoric touched a new low in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh with Samajwadi Party chief and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking mega star Amitabh Bacchan `to stop appearing in the advertisement promoting donkeys of Gujarat’. Yadav was speaking at an election rally at Rae Bareli on Monday...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.