- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Rahane for Arjuna
- Delhi govt moves SC seeking time to phase out diesel taxis
- AgustaWestland: I am happy to be targeted, says Rahul
- Sachin accepts IOA's invitation to become goodwill ambassador
- Will get F-16s from elsewhere, Islamabad warns Washington
- India reacts sharply to US report on religious freedom
- Pathankot airbase security was not robust: Parliamentary panel
- Italy must return marine if India's jurisdiction is proved: UN court
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Sachin accepts IOA's invitation to become goodwill ambassador 03 May 2016 | PTI
- AgustaWestland: I am happy to be targeted, says Rahul 03 May 2016 | PTI
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Rahane for Arjuna 03 May 2016 | PTI
- US asks Pak to make full payment for F-16, no subsidy 03 May 2016 | PTI
- I haven't done anything wrong: Pratyusha's boyfriend 03 May 2016 | IANS
- PM asks BJP MPs to highlight govt's achievements 03 May 2016 | PTI
- AgustaWestland deal: CBI questions ex IAF chief Tyagi again 03 May 2016 | PTI
- Pak leaders knew Osama's location but US has no proof: Clinton 03 May 2016 | PTI
- Pakistan slams Trump's remarks about release of CIA-doctor 03 May 2016 | IANS
- SC asks AG about feasibility of holding floor test in U'khand 03 May 2016 | PTI
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
03 May 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Poster war among the political rivals have hotted up Uttar Pradesh ahead of the 2017 Assembly polls. After the BJP and the BSP supporters depicted their leaders as deities, how could the 'Congressis' be left behind? So, a poster depicting Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as in police uniform (a la Dabang or Singham) terming him as 'Jan Rakshak' surfaced in Gorakhpur with the accompanying slogan screaming 'Mitega Atyachar'...
People of Goa will show the BJP Government its place if it continues with its support through grants to a non-regional language.
Doing a comedy is a bit different for the girls. Nobody expects girls to do something smart, or give one-liners in a film.
Nawaz Sharif, you will go to jail this time if you are proved guilty in corruption (following revelations in the Panama papers' leak)!