It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
- All eyes on Gujarat as stage set for counting tomorrow 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Pak 'processing' visa applications of Jadhav's wife, mother 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Third ODI: India restrict Sri Lanka to low score 17 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Protests over driver's death in J&K Army ambush 17 Dec 2017 | IANS
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- 8 killed, 44 injured in suicide attack on church in Pak 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Ex-BJP MLA's son shot dead near UP Assembly complex: Police 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...