- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Kejriwal shown black flags again after landing in Amritsar 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Curfew lifted from all parts of Kashmir 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Fresh plea in SC against grant of bail to Shahabuddin 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Doctors divided over debate on chikungunya deaths in Delhi 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Swaraj to address UNGA; strong response to Pak expected 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- PM offers prayers at Sreekanteswara Temple 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Clinton, Trump to meet separately with Israel PM Netanyahu 25 Sep 2016 | AP
- Long war forced on India by Pakistan:Shah on Uri terror strike 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- CBI to probe Mumbai blasts accused's murder,Chhota Rajan named in FIR 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
- MHA lodges FIR in Ishrat missing files case 25 Sep 2016 | PTI
25 Sep 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday, raised the honorarium of Gram Rozgar Sewak and also formed a Committee to look into the demands of Angadwadi workers, Assistants and Asha Bahus. An official release issued in Lucknow on Saturday afternoon said that the CM has raised the honorarium of Gram Rozgar Sewaks from the present Rs 3630 to Rs 6000 per month...