- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Political leaders condole Jayalalithaa's death 06 Dec 2016 | IANS
- Parliament condoles Jayalalithaa's death; adjourns for the day 06 Dec 2016 | PTI
- TN Chief Minister Jayalalithaa dead 06 Dec 2016 | IANS
- Lakhs of people pay homage to Jayalalithaa 06 Dec 2016 | IANS
- After 74-day struggle, Jayalalithaa loses battle with life 06 Dec 2016 | IANS
- PM will visit Chennai to pay respect to Jayalalithaa 06 Dec 2016 | IANS
- OPS sworn in as TN CM after Jaya's death 06 Dec 2016 | PTI
- J Jayalalithaa: Life of an icon 06 Dec 2016 | PTI
- PM pays tributes to Jaya 06 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Kejriwal permanently exempted from appearance in defamation case 06 Dec 2016 | PTI
06 Dec 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Issuing an appeal to people asking them to vote for Samajwadi Party, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that if party comes to power it will provide free home and pension to all the people living below poverty line. “The Samajwadi Party include in its manifesto to provide “House of all poor” and “pension for all BPL families”...
If disagreements continue among the political parties (on Constitution), others might try to influence us. Leaders must move forward.
I'm excited because it's the first time I'm doing back-to-back films. It's not easy playing two distinct characters.
Alliance talks in some way demoralises our workers. My party's leadership has not asked me to look for a tie-up (with anybody).