- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
It is way too early to think about presidential run: Jindal
Indian-American Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal has said it is too early to think about the 2016 presidential run as people of the country are not in a mood to have another four years of campaign.
"It's way too early for folks to be thinking about that. We just lost a presidential election. I don't think the people want another four-year presidential campaign," Jindal said at a Republican Party fundraiser in Jackson, Mississippi.
Jindal is considered to be a key Republican presidential aspirant, but so far has publicly denied.
"I know there's a lot of speculation about who wants to run and who doesn't want to run in 2016. As a party, and as a Republican, I say that anybody who's thinking about running for president needs to have their head examined," Jindal was quoted as saying by the local WAPT TV station.
MORE TOP STORIES NEWS
- Beef row: Lalu insulted Yadavs, says Modi 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- Aadhaar row: SC assures decision by tomorrow on larger bench plea 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- BJP legislators thrash MLA who hosted beef party 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- IAF planning to induct women in fighter aircraft stream: Raha 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- US in talks with Pak on limiting its nuclear weapons: report 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- Contribution of Indian Air Force monumental: Modi 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- Delhi Govt invites Ghulam Ali to perform in national capital 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- Modi slams Bihar grand alliance, 'politics of opportunism' 08 Oct 2015 | IANS
- Jaitley bats for automatic info exchange to tackle black money 08 Oct 2015 | PTI
- India home to 14 top Asian business dynasties: Forbes 08 Oct 2015 | IANS
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
08 Oct 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
Without naming the BJP, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that members of a ‘chalu party’ engineered the Dadri incident to divert people’s attention from development in UP and divide society on religious lines to get political mileage in the 2017 Assembly polls. “The ‘chalu party’ members raise different issues every six months thereby working on their agenda...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.