Karti refuses to appear before CBI in Aircel Maxis case
Challenging the jurisdiction of the CBI, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti on Thursday refused to appear before the agency in the Aircel Maxis case. In his letter, Karti argued that the 2G special court had discharged all the accused and terminated proceedings in the matter, so the CBI has no right to call him. Reacting to Karti’s claims, CBI said that investigation on Aircel-Maxis is still going on and their summon notice is valid.
Karti, through his lawyer, has refused to appear before the agency saying a special court had discharged “all the accused” in the matter. “All proceedings connected with the said (case)... Were also terminated,” the response
The CBI strongly contradicted claims of Karti saying only four, including two companies, of the eight chargesheeted accused were discharged by the special court and the agency has already filed an appeal against the order in the Delhi High Court in May this year.
“FIR RC-22(A)/2011-DLI has not been quashed by the court and further investigation under 173(8) of the CrPC is continuing,” said CBI Spokesperson Abhishek Dayal.
“Court proceedings are still pending. Request has been placed before the Interpol for issuance of Red Notices against the two Malaysian nationals,” Dayal said, adding that all the options are open before them in the matter.
- Bhagwat attends RSS camp on ST community 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Earring taken out from kid‚Äôs windpipe 20 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Experts compare Marxism with different socio-economic orders 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Ex-Cong MLA Jai Kishen to hold protest against AAP, BJP 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PC files plea to quash June 12 order 20 Jun 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- India to construct war memorial at Villers Guislain in France 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- After sex-change, Lalita reports to duty as cop Lalit 20 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Leaders facing no threat get police security in Kerala 20 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj
- 5 charred to death in UP hotel inferno 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Triple murder rocks Mathura 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...