Karti refuses to appear before CBI in Aircel Maxis case
Challenging the jurisdiction of the CBI, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti on Thursday refused to appear before the agency in the Aircel Maxis case. In his letter, Karti argued that the 2G special court had discharged all the accused and terminated proceedings in the matter, so the CBI has no right to call him. Reacting to Karti’s claims, CBI said that investigation on Aircel-Maxis is still going on and their summon notice is valid.
Karti, through his lawyer, has refused to appear before the agency saying a special court had discharged “all the accused” in the matter. “All proceedings connected with the said (case)... Were also terminated,” the response
The CBI strongly contradicted claims of Karti saying only four, including two companies, of the eight chargesheeted accused were discharged by the special court and the agency has already filed an appeal against the order in the Delhi High Court in May this year.
“FIR RC-22(A)/2011-DLI has not been quashed by the court and further investigation under 173(8) of the CrPC is continuing,” said CBI Spokesperson Abhishek Dayal.
“Court proceedings are still pending. Request has been placed before the Interpol for issuance of Red Notices against the two Malaysian nationals,” Dayal said, adding that all the options are open before them in the matter.
- Mehbooba directs police to check harassment by cow vigilantes in Valley 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Minor girl allegedly raped in Garo Hills 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėFatah Ka Fatwa' stopped: Centre tells High Court 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Ragging case: 6 students expelled from IIIT-Nuzvid 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Woman fraudulently uses Mangeshkar's name to collect donations, booked 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Hyderabad boy rescued from Andhra; kidnapper held 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 4 U‚Äôkhand villages to get science, technology push 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Merged AIADMK wants EC to restore Two Leaves symbol 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Modi releases postage stamp on Lord Ram 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Rs 2.6L interest subsidy for MIG on home loans 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Sep 2017 | PNS | LOHARDAGA
On a successful competition of 1000 days of the State Government a district level development-cum-poor welfare fair was organised at Nirhu village of Areya Panchayat on Friday. The guests on the eve were the Union Minister Sudarshan Bhagat, DC Binod Kumar, BJP leader Rakesh Prasad and other public leaders were welcomed by the women wings in Aadiwasy culture...