Karti refuses to appear before CBI in Aircel Maxis case
Challenging the jurisdiction of the CBI, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti on Thursday refused to appear before the agency in the Aircel Maxis case. In his letter, Karti argued that the 2G special court had discharged all the accused and terminated proceedings in the matter, so the CBI has no right to call him. Reacting to Karti’s claims, CBI said that investigation on Aircel-Maxis is still going on and their summon notice is valid.
Karti, through his lawyer, has refused to appear before the agency saying a special court had discharged “all the accused” in the matter. “All proceedings connected with the said (case)... Were also terminated,” the response
The CBI strongly contradicted claims of Karti saying only four, including two companies, of the eight chargesheeted accused were discharged by the special court and the agency has already filed an appeal against the order in the Delhi High Court in May this year.
“FIR RC-22(A)/2011-DLI has not been quashed by the court and further investigation under 173(8) of the CrPC is continuing,” said CBI Spokesperson Abhishek Dayal.
“Court proceedings are still pending. Request has been placed before the Interpol for issuance of Red Notices against the two Malaysian nationals,” Dayal said, adding that all the options are open before them in the matter.
- France‚Äôs bank interested in funding smart cities mission 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC slams life insurance firms for denying policy claim 19 Feb 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Govt for model inclusive school in each district, block 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Law Min mum on whether people of Indian origin can campaign in polls 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Grapevine 19 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- KVIC achieves over 100% subsidy target in 2016-17 for PMEGP 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam: Officials of other banks under lens 19 Feb 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Five held with arms in Bihar's Muzaffarpur 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Give me peace, I will pursue dialogue: Mehbooba to people 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- MoU signed in Guj for women empowerment, skill development 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...