- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Kejriwal rellocates Sisodia's portfolios
According to a notification issued by the general administration department, Sisodia has got the portfolios of tourism and arts, culture and languages from Water Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam.
But he has been divested of the charge of the revenue department and registrar of cooperative societies.
Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot got the revenue department while Gautam the registrar of cooperative societies, the notificiation said.
However, the deputy chief minister, who sources said had requested Kejriwal to allow him to shed some portfolios, will continue to look after education, finance and other departments.
Tourism will be one of the focus areas of the AAP government along with education and health, an official said.
The government also plans to make rural Delhi intrinsic to its development agenda.
Apart from tourism and art, culture and languages portfolios, Sisodia will look after nine departments and also all other departments that has not specifically been allotted to any minister.
Kejriwal, however, does not hold any portfolio.
Gahlot and Gautam were inducted into the cabinet in May this year.
Sisodia's departments of law department, information technology and administrative reforms were given to Gahlot, who had also got the transport portfolio from Health Minister Satyendar Jain.
- AAP all set for its own EVM challenge tomorrow 02 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Kapil Mishra starts 'Let's clean AAP' campaign 21 May 2017 | IANS
- Kejriwal opposed note ban as it threatened money laundering: Kapil Mishra 19 May 2017 | PTI
- Delhi's water woes to ebb by tomorrow: CM 17 May 2017 | PTI
- Kapil Mishra warns of 'new drama' by AAP for distraction 13 May 2017 | IANS
- EC backed out of 'hackathon', it's sad: Kejriwal 12 May 2017 | PTI
- AAP "rigs" EVM in Delhi assembly, EC calls it "duplicate" gadget 09 May 2017 | PTI
- Truth will triumph: Kejriwal on graft charges by Mishra 08 May 2017 | PTI
- Saw Jain giving Rs 2 cr to Kejriwal, alleges Mishra; Sisodia refutes charges 07 May 2017 | PTI
- AAP crisis deepens as Vishwas hints he may quit 02 May 2017 | PTI
- Trade a big friction in India-US ties: WH 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Gorakhpur made BJP realise even this can happen: Rajnath 17 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Sonia targets Modi, accuses him of making hollow promises 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Russia to expel 23 British diplomats: foreign ministry 17 Mar 2018 | AFP
- EC should revert to use of paper ballot over EVMs: Congress 17 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Pak to skip WTO meet in New Delhi 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Cong set to roll out road map for halting BJP's juggernaut ahead of 2019 polls 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- BJP spreading anger, hatred: Rahul 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Farm income to double by 2022: Modi 17 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Mass arrests in Maldives as activists defy emergency 17 Mar 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
11 Mar 2018 | PTI | Beijing
An elderly woman in China on Saturday vandalised the stall of a fortune teller who wrongly predicted her death, according to a media report. The fortune-teller told the 70-year-old womanin Mianyang in southwestern Sichuan province in March last year that she would not live to see 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh and Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Arun Yadav on Friday called on Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat and urged him to get investigated the matter related to large scale irregularities in the electoral rolls in Madhya Pradesh. The two requested the CEC to get the matter investigated before the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, scheduled in November, 2018...