- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
Kejriwal rellocates Sisodia's portfolios
According to a notification issued by the general administration department, Sisodia has got the portfolios of tourism and arts, culture and languages from Water Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam.
But he has been divested of the charge of the revenue department and registrar of cooperative societies.
Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot got the revenue department while Gautam the registrar of cooperative societies, the notificiation said.
However, the deputy chief minister, who sources said had requested Kejriwal to allow him to shed some portfolios, will continue to look after education, finance and other departments.
Tourism will be one of the focus areas of the AAP government along with education and health, an official said.
The government also plans to make rural Delhi intrinsic to its development agenda.
Apart from tourism and art, culture and languages portfolios, Sisodia will look after nine departments and also all other departments that has not specifically been allotted to any minister.
Kejriwal, however, does not hold any portfolio.
Gahlot and Gautam were inducted into the cabinet in May this year.
Sisodia's departments of law department, information technology and administrative reforms were given to Gahlot, who had also got the transport portfolio from Health Minister Satyendar Jain.
- AAP all set for its own EVM challenge tomorrow 02 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Kapil Mishra starts 'Let's clean AAP' campaign 21 May 2017 | IANS
- Kejriwal opposed note ban as it threatened money laundering: Kapil Mishra 19 May 2017 | PTI
- Delhi's water woes to ebb by tomorrow: CM 17 May 2017 | PTI
- Kapil Mishra warns of 'new drama' by AAP for distraction 13 May 2017 | IANS
- EC backed out of 'hackathon', it's sad: Kejriwal 12 May 2017 | PTI
- AAP "rigs" EVM in Delhi assembly, EC calls it "duplicate" gadget 09 May 2017 | PTI
- Truth will triumph: Kejriwal on graft charges by Mishra 08 May 2017 | PTI
- Saw Jain giving Rs 2 cr to Kejriwal, alleges Mishra; Sisodia refutes charges 07 May 2017 | PTI
- AAP crisis deepens as Vishwas hints he may quit 02 May 2017 | PTI
- On 'Nirbhaya' anniversary, Mamata calls for safe society 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi 16 Dec 2017 | IANS
- HC issues notice to Delhi govt, says finally a PIL on vacancy 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Man, his family held for killing wife in northwest Delhi 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president 16 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The universities need to take a fresh look at their curricula as well as pedagogy while promoting research works, suggested the Governor Krishan Kant Paul while addressing scholars and faculty members during the convocation ceremony of the DIT University here on Saturday. Terming the universities as ‘gloried colleges’ in absence of any research activity, he said that excellence and quality are a must for education...