Lalu terms outcome of Bihar bypolls as victory of truth over falsehood
RJD president Lalu Prasad, currently in jail following conviction in fodder scam cases, today termed the victory of his party in Bihar bypolls as "victory of truth over falsehood".
The RJD retained Araria Lok Sabha and Jehanabad assembly seats in the by-elections for three seats in Bihar. The BJP retained Bhabhua assembly seat.
"The more you pour the fuel of conspiracy on Lalu, the brighter will his lantern burn. Millions of salutations to the people of Bihar for upholding justice. This is a victory of truth over falsehood," the RJD supremo, whose party has the lantern as its election symbol, tweeted in Hindi.
Prasad's official twitter handle is managed by close confidants. The jailed leader has been expressing himself through the social media platform ever since he went behind the bars in December last year.
The RJD supremo has been accusing the Narendra Modi government at the Centre and the Nitish Kumar dispensation in Bihar of entering into a conspiracy to get him implicated in cases relating to fraudulent withdrawal of money from the treasury in various districts.
Prasad also thanked West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Bannerjee, who congratulated him on the "great victory", saying "Thank you, didi. Together we are fighting. We shall fight and we will win".
- China to boost cooperation with Nepal in infrastructure connectivity: Xi 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM to lead Yoga Day celebrations in Uttarakhand 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- CEA Arvind Subramanian to leave finance ministry, return to US: Jaitley 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Delhi-bound flight suffers bird hit 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Sitharaman meets martyred jawan's family in Poonch 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Farmers' income increasing, says Modi 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Amarnath Yatra: Security forces asked to maintain synergy 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Trump aggressively defends border family separation 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Anukreethy Vas is Femina Miss India World 2018 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- J&K placed under Governor's Rule after President's approval 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
Mother of PR dept Addl Director passes away Late Laxmibai Gupta, mother of Suresh Gupta, the Additional Director, Public Relations Department passed away here on Tuesday. She was ill for last 15 days and left for heavenly abode at the age of 91 years at Bhopal on Tuesday morning...