- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Modi invites Omani businesses to invest in India
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday invited Omani businesses to invest in the country as he showcased the government's initiatives to further ease doing of business in the "New India".
Addressing around 50 Omani chief executives at the Oman-India Business Meet here, Modi said that the reforms were aimed at preparing India for the 21st century and make it a global manufacturing hub.
He said India was ushering in a knowledge-based technologically driven society which presents many opportunities for Omani businesses.
"Four countries in four-days strengthening our footprint in Gulf and West Asia! PM @narendramodi begins Day 4 with business - Oman-India Business Meet in Muscat. Pitching India as an attractive destination," Indian External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted.
Listing some of the major reforms by the government in the last over three years, Modi noted that India had climbed to the third position in the global Start-up Index.
On Sunday during his meeting with Sultan of Oman Qaboos Bin Said Al Said, Modi voiced his appreciation of the Indian expatriates for their contributions to Oman's development.
Oman is home to over 800,000 expatriate Indians and Modi, in a community gathering earlier on Monday, praised their role in the Gulf country's development.
Following the meeting between Modi and Sultan Qaboos, eight agreements were signed between India and Oman.
These include three memorandums of understanding on cooperation in the fields of health, outer space, diplomacy and defence studies and analyses.
The India-Oman defence cooperation has emerged as a key pillar of the strategic partnership between the two countries.
Oman is a strategic partner of India in the Gulf and an important interlocutor at the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Arab League and Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA).
Modi arrived here on Sunday evening on the third and final leg of his visit to West Asia and the Gulf that also took him to Palestine and the United Arab Emirates.
- Trump: N. Korea summit could still happen on June 12 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Delhi continues to reel under heat wave 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Cong-JD(S) coalition will be stable for 5 years: Kumaraswamy 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Delhi HC slams DU for "serious lapse" in awarding gold medal 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Sebi serves notice on Chanda Kochhar in Videocon loan case 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Pompeo pushes for CAATSA waiver so that countries like India aren't affected 25 May 2018 | PTI
- India wants peace, but Pak must stop sending militants into J&K: Rawat 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Army orders court of inquiry against Gogoi 25 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE to declare class 12 results on Saturday 25 May 2018 | IANS
- SP-BSP alliance will be challenge for BJP: Amit Shah 25 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
In an attempt to bring Jharkhand International Film Festival Award (JIFFA-2018) at par with other renowned film festivals organized both at national and international levels, the organizers have experimented with different types of things to create a buzz among the residents. Promoting its brand, initiatives like creation of ‘Virtual Reality Experience Zone’ and ‘Virtual Dancing Zone’ have been done at the venue – Khelgaon, the prime location of the film festival...