- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
Modi invites Omani businesses to invest in India
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday invited Omani businesses to invest in the country as he showcased the government's initiatives to further ease doing of business in the "New India".
Addressing around 50 Omani chief executives at the Oman-India Business Meet here, Modi said that the reforms were aimed at preparing India for the 21st century and make it a global manufacturing hub.
He said India was ushering in a knowledge-based technologically driven society which presents many opportunities for Omani businesses.
"Four countries in four-days strengthening our footprint in Gulf and West Asia! PM @narendramodi begins Day 4 with business - Oman-India Business Meet in Muscat. Pitching India as an attractive destination," Indian External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted.
Listing some of the major reforms by the government in the last over three years, Modi noted that India had climbed to the third position in the global Start-up Index.
On Sunday during his meeting with Sultan of Oman Qaboos Bin Said Al Said, Modi voiced his appreciation of the Indian expatriates for their contributions to Oman's development.
Oman is home to over 800,000 expatriate Indians and Modi, in a community gathering earlier on Monday, praised their role in the Gulf country's development.
Following the meeting between Modi and Sultan Qaboos, eight agreements were signed between India and Oman.
These include three memorandums of understanding on cooperation in the fields of health, outer space, diplomacy and defence studies and analyses.
The India-Oman defence cooperation has emerged as a key pillar of the strategic partnership between the two countries.
Oman is a strategic partner of India in the Gulf and an important interlocutor at the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Arab League and Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA).
Modi arrived here on Sunday evening on the third and final leg of his visit to West Asia and the Gulf that also took him to Palestine and the United Arab Emirates.
- Search at Delhi CM's house: 7 CCTV cameras found not working 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Maldives warns India against interfering in its internal affairs 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Rotomac owner case: Court grants one-day transit remand to CBI 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Delhi court dismisses bail plea of AAP MLAs in CS assault case 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- PLA equips ground unit along Indian border with US army-style combat gear: Report 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Modi, Trudeau discuss terrorism, trade ties 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Rajinikanth praises Kamal Haasan, calls him 'efficient' 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Mayawati trashes 'UP Investors Summit', calls it waste of public money 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- HC rejects Lalu's bail petition in a fodder scam case 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...