Modi, Netanyahu embrace at start of India trip
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrived here on Sunday to a warm hug from his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi to kickstart a six-day visit that will also take him to Mumbai and Gujarat.
A smiling Modi embraced Netanyahu and then shook hands both with him and his wife as they stepped on the red carpet at the airport here.
This is the first visit to India by an Israeli Prime Minister since Ariel Sharon came in 2003.
"A special welcome for a special visit... Modi personally receives Israeli PM at Delhi Airport," the Prime Minister's Office tweeted.
Netanyahu and Modi are expected to discuss a variety of subjects related to bilateral relations and the global situation.
The Israeli leader, accompanied by dozens of Israeli businessmen, will visit the Centre of Excellence in Agriculture at Vadrad in Gujarat and interact with business leaders in Mumbai.
- Unrealistic to expect GST to settle down in less than 10 years: Bibek Debroy 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- PILs for Rohingyas bid to change India's demography: Centre to SC 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- KCR, Mamata pitch for Federal Front 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- India summons Pakistan Deputy HC over ceasefire violations, lodges strong protest 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- BJP trying to suppress my voice: Chandrababu Naidu 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Cong govt in Karna to recommend religious minority tag to Lingayat/ Veerashaivas 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Aditynath government rings in first year in power with music and dance 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Kejriwal apologizes to Gadkari to end defamation case 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- SC notice to dentist couple in Aarushi murder case 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Court convicts Lalu Prasad in 4th case of fodder scam 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Police investigation in the case of a security guard of district cooperative bank in Champawat shot dead two of his colleagues following an altercation on March 16 revealed that the guard Dinesh Bora contracted through a local security agency was not properly trained. Bora had reportedly shot dead the bank cashier Lalit Bisht and peon Rajesh Verma at the bank in Khetikhan...