Modi, Netanyahu embrace at start of India trip
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrived here on Sunday to a warm hug from his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi to kickstart a six-day visit that will also take him to Mumbai and Gujarat.
A smiling Modi embraced Netanyahu and then shook hands both with him and his wife as they stepped on the red carpet at the airport here.
This is the first visit to India by an Israeli Prime Minister since Ariel Sharon came in 2003.
"A special welcome for a special visit... Modi personally receives Israeli PM at Delhi Airport," the Prime Minister's Office tweeted.
Netanyahu and Modi are expected to discuss a variety of subjects related to bilateral relations and the global situation.
The Israeli leader, accompanied by dozens of Israeli businessmen, will visit the Centre of Excellence in Agriculture at Vadrad in Gujarat and interact with business leaders in Mumbai.
- Chandimal denies ball tampering with sweet, rescues Sri Lanka with bat 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India has overcome Congress legacy, can no more use it as excuse: NITI Aayog Vice Chairman 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Three killed as gangs fire at each other in north Delhi 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India fastest growing major economy, trend to continue for some years: Jaitley 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Kejriwal's sit-in at LG's office 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Muthalik's 'dog remark' on Gauri murder case triggers row 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Melania Trump speaks against border child separations 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Toddler mauled to death by stray dogs in Chandigarh 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Satyendar Jain hospitalised as his health deteriorates: Kejriwal 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Sushma Swaraj arrives Monday on maiden visit to France 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | GIRIDIH
A team of Ganday police of Giridih district have arrested three cyber criminals and found 6 mobiles, 3 ATM cards, one cheque book of Bank of India ,and 8 Sim card and other gadgets from them near Raskutta, Jhilwa, Madhupur and Chapri village of Madhupur under Ganday police station on Sunday. The criminals were identified as Naresh Mandal, Nandkishor Mandal and Mahesh Hembram...