No mystery over Jayalalithaa death: TN CM
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami today asserted that there was no mystery over the death of AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa, as was being made out by some quarters.
"Nothing wrong has happened over her death....There is no problem as being made by some persons," he told reporters here to a question on demands for an enquiry into her death.
Jayalalithaa, who was hospitalised in Chennai for more than two months for various complications, passed away on December 5 last year, after a cardiac arrest.
To another question on opposition leader in the Assembly M K Stalin meeting the President and seeking a fresh trust vote, he said "you are all aware of what happened. Since the issue is in Court, it will not be appropriate to comment on it."
Palaniswami had won the February 18 trust vote 122-11 in the 234-member Assembly, aided by eviction of main opposition DMK and walkout by its allies, amid stormy scenes during which mikes were uprooted, chairs toppled and sheets of papers torn.
The division vote was taken up after two adjournments following tempestuous scenes during which the opposition MLAs insisted on a secret vote, which was rejected by the Speaker.
Asked about the hydro carbon exploration and extraction project at Pudukottai in Tamil Nadu, which is being opposed by environmentalists and public, Palaniswami said it was a central government project and that the state will take "appropriate measures" if it affects people and farmers.
- TN CM moves confidence motion 18 Feb 2017 | IANS
- Trust vote stalled amid bedlam; proceedings disrupted 18 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Palaniswami wins crucial trust vote 18 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Centre will support TN govt irrespective of who CM is: Naidu 17 Feb 2017 | PTI
- TN CM to seek trust vote tomorrow, expected to sail through 17 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Reply to petition against gen secy appointment: EC to Sasikala 17 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Jayalalithaa's niece welcomes SC verdict 14 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Crucial verdict in case agnst Sasikala tom to decide her fate 13 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Three more MPs supports Panneerselvam 12 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Sasikala seeks appointment with Guv to parade MLAs 11 Feb 2017 | PTI
- HDK to face floor test tomorrow; BJP throws gauntlet, fields Nominee for Speaker's post 24 May 2018 | PTI
- TN firing toll 13; Stalin, CM trade accusations on violence 24 May 2018 | PTI
- CS assault case: Sisodia to be quizzed tomorrow 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Centre working on long-term solution to fuel prices: Pradhan 24 May 2018 | IANS
- US Prez Trump cancels Singapore meeting with North Korea's Kim 24 May 2018 | PTI
- PNB fraud: ED files charge sheet against Nirav Modi, associates 24 May 2018 | PTI
- North Korea demolishes nuke test site with series of blasts 24 May 2018 | AP
- Rahul challenges Modi to cut fuel prices 24 May 2018 | IANS
- Missile that downed MH17 came from Russian military: Investigators 24 May 2018 | AFP
- Petrol price over Rs 85 in Mumbai, crosses Rs 80 in Kolkata 24 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...