Pak summons Indian diplomat to condemn 'unprovoked firing'
Pakistan summoned India's Acting Deputy High Commissioner and condemned the "unprovoked firing" on the Line of Control by Indian forces that killed a civilian, the Foreign Office said today.
Foreign Office spokesman Mohammad Faisal said that Indian forces resorted to "unprovoked firing" on May 15 in the Hotspring Sector which killed a civilian resident of Dehra Sher Khan village.
"The deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws," Faisal said.
He claimed that the Indian forces along the Line of Control and the Working boundary are continuously targeting civilian populated areas with heavy weapons and carried out more than 1,000 ceasefire violations so far in 2018, resulting in the death of 24 civilians.
"This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017, when the Indian forces committed 1,970 ceasefire violations," he said.
"The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation," Faisal said.
He said Pakistan will continue to provide political, moral and diplomatic support to the people of Kashmir.
The spokesman also regretted that the daughter of legendary Urdu poet Faiz Ahmad Faiz was not allowed to address a function in India.
Answering a question, he said India used Pakistan card to influence its internal politics.
- MHA official, 3 others arrested for 'bribe-for-visa' case; orders inquiry 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Putin hails strategic partnership with India 21 May 2018 | IANS
- Modi invokes Vajpayee to assert India-Russia strategic ties 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Cong-JD(S) will give stable govt in K'taka: Kumaraswamy 21 May 2018 | IANS
- Informal summit takes India-Russia ties to new level: Modi 21 May 2018 | IANS
- Security forces have new mantra in Kashmir: Try to catch them alive 21 May 2018 | PTI
- K'taka Cong MLA says audio tape released by his party to frame BJP is 'fake' 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Dalit man beaten to death in Gujarat, 5 held 21 May 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi arrives in Sochi for informal summit with Putin 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Moody's downgrades PNB on the impact of Nirav Modi fraud 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...