- Rahul Gandhi's elevation: CWC meet underway
- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
Pakistan violates ceasefire, 6th time in 6 days
Pakistani troops fired at and shelled Jammu district's Arnia sector for the sixth successive day, prompting the Border Security Force (BSF) to fire back, a senior BSF officer said.
The officer said the firing by Pak Rangers started at around 2100 hours yesterday and intermittent firing continued till 0530 hours today.
"At about 2100 hours Pak Rangers started unprovoked firing in the Arnia Sector and later also fired mortar shells. The Indian forces effectively and strongly retaliated and suppressed the enemy fire in few minutes along the IB in Arnia sector," the officer said.
There were no casualties among BSF personnel or civilians, he added.
Yesterday, a woman was killed and five other civilians were injured when Pakistan troops heavily shelled Border Outposts (BoP) and villages through the intervening night of September 16 and September 17.
On September 16, Pakistani troops opened fire with small and heavy weapons at BoPs and border hamlets of Arnia Sector.
- Rahul Gandhi's elevation: CWC meet underway 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 2nd round of Mugabe exit talks as party begins to oust him 19 Nov 2017 | AP
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Railways not to seek more funds from Budget: Goyal 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India reach 171/1 at stumps on day 4 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Black money: Swiss Par panel OKs auto info exchange with India 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- NIA likely to probe human trafficking cases 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath said the BJP government has restored the rule of law in the state and not a single communal riot has occurred in the state during the last eight months tenure of the BJP government. Chief Minister on Sunday kicked off the election campaign of the BJP for the urban local body elections in Brij region and addressed poll meetings in Mathura, Aligarh and...