PM condoles loss of lives in Himachal landslide
A team of NDRF is going to Mandi to take part in rescue and relief operations and provide all possible assistance required, the PMO said
A number of people died after a massive landslide hit two buses of Himachal roadways on the Mandi-Pathankot National Highway.
"Pained by the loss of lives due to landslide related accidents in HP's Mandi district. My condolences with the families of the deceased," Modi tweeted.
"I pray for the quick recovery of those injured in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh," he added.
Two Himachal roadway buses were hit by a massive landslide triggered by a cloudburst on the Mandi-Pathankot National Highway last night, leaving eight passengers dead while the fate of 22 others was not immediately known.
- 6 coaches of Utkal Express derails in UP, 20 injured 19 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Knife attacker in Russian city wounds 8, shot by police 19 Aug 2017 | AFP
- NPA resolution: RBI chief calls for recapitalisation of banks 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Positive result on merger in a day or two: Panneerselvam 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Still judging current mechanism for resolving bad debts: Jaitley 19 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Iraqi forces ready for next battle against IS extremists: US 19 Aug 2017 | AP
- Security forces launch search operation in Shopian 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Bannon returns to Breitbart after his White House ouster 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Adityanath targets Rahul, says Gorakhpur not a 'picnic spot' 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Nitish Kumar-led JD-U faction joins NDA 19 Aug 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The Geological Survey of India will carry out assessment of Limestone deposits In Laladhurwa-Jognipali Block of Raigarh district in Chhattisgarh. GSI last year took up assessment of limestone deposits at Birutola-Nawapara-Sohagpur Blocks of Kabirdham district in Chhattisgarh, officials stated...