- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
PM Modi constantly monitoring situation in Gorakhpur: PMO
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is constantly monitoring the situation in Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh where at least 30 children died in a hospital and is in touch with central and state authorities, the PMO said today.
Minister of State for Health Anupriya Patel and the Union health secretary will take stock of the situation in Gorakhpur, the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) said.
District Magistrate of Gorakhpur Rajeev Rautela had said yesterday that at least 30 children died in the state-run Baba Raghav Das Medical College within 48 hours since August 10.
Uttar Pradesh Health Minister Siddharth Nath Singh had said that according to reports from the paediatric department of the college, 60 children died due to various diseases since August 7.
Though the Gorakhpur district magistrate had not given any reason for the deaths, an official here had said that according to the Gorakhpur superintendent of police (SP), 21 children died due to oxygen supply shortage.
"According to the Gorakhpur SP, 21 children died due to shortage of supply of liquid oxygen in BRD Medical College. Senior officers are at the spot. Exact cause is being verified by the civil administration," the official, who did not to be identified, had said.
The Uttar Pradesh government said today that those found guilty in the "tragic and painful" incident would face "stringent action".
"Whosoever is found guilty in the tragic and painful incident at Baba Raghav Das Medical College in Gorakhpur will certainly face stringent action," Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya told reporters in Lucknow.
Health Minister Singh and state Medical Education Minister Ashutosh Tandon today visit Gorakhpur to take stock of the situation at the medical college.
- Man with knife attacks 4 people in Munich; arrest made 21 Oct 2017 | AP
- Pak envoy meets with Swaraj: FO 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Linking bank accounts with Aadhaar mandatory, it is government's decision: RBI 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- RSS worker gunned down, brother injured in UP 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open 21 Oct 2017 | Hussain
- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal' 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Restrictions in Srinagar after strike call by separatists 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | PTI | New Delhi
The Sharad Yadav faction of the Janata Dal (United) Party on Saturday announced election to party posts on March 11 and released a list of interim office-bearers, including Chhotubhai Vasava as working president and Ali Anwar as one of the vice-presidents. Yadav also released a list of presidents of party units in states at a press briefing...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...