PM to visit Chhattisgarh tomorrow
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Chhattisgarh tomorrow and dedicate the modernised and expanded Bhilai steel plant to the nation.
He will also lay the foundation stone of a permanent IIT-Bhilai campus and unveil a plaque to mark the launch of the phase-2 of BharatNet, a project which envisages to connect gram panchayats with underground optical fibre network.
The modernisation of the Bhilai plant includes installation of cutting-edge technologies for improvement in productivity, yield, quality, cost competitiveness, energy efficiency and environmental protection, an official statement said.
The prime minister will inaugurate air services between Jagdalpur and Raipur. He will distribute laptop computers, certificates and cheques to beneficiaries under various schemes and address a public meeting.
Before reaching Bhilai, Modi will visit Naya Raipur smart city, where he will inaugurate the integrated command and control centre for the city.
- Pressure groups broke dream of balanced development in J-K: Shah 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Rohit clears YoYo test, takes a dig at critics 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Difficult, but decision taken in larger interest: Ram Madhav 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Vice Prez to take part in Yoga Day event in Mumbai tomorrow 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Modi's Kashmir policy correct: Rajnath Singh 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India to tour West Indies for World Test Championship opener 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- China to boost cooperation with Nepal in infrastructure connectivity: Xi 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Dozens missing after ferry sinks in Indonesia's Lake Toba 20 Jun 2018 | AP
- PM to lead Yoga Day celebrations in Uttarakhand 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- CEA Arvind Subramanian to leave finance ministry, return to US: Jaitley 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...