- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
Rahul attacks PM Modi on farmers' plight
Taking forward his 'question a day' campaign, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today targeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the problems afflicting the farm sector and farmers.
Asking his 9th question in the series, he asked, “Neither loan waiver, nor remunerative price for produce, neither received crop insurance benefit, nor were tubewells installed.”
The Congress leader also used the 'Gabbar' jibe to target the prime minister
"Agriculture hit by Gabbar Singh, land snatched and the (Ánnadatta) farmer was rendered useless. PM sahib should explain why such step-motherly treatment with the farm labour," he also said on Twitter.
Gandhi had earlier termed the Goods and Services Tax as Gabbar Singh Tax to attack the government.
Under the ongoing offensive, the Congress leader is using the tagline “22 saal ka hisab, Gujarat maange jawab” (22years of account, Gujarat demands answers), in the run-up to Gujarat elections starting December 9.
The Congress vice president has been using the microblogging site to pose daily questions to the prime minister over the performance of the BJP in Gujarat and its "unkept" promises over the past 22 years of its rule in the state.
- News about Indian banks taking hit of $3 bn is false: Finance Ministry 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Documents show larger conspiracy behind Gandhi's murder, SC told 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Karnataka legislator's son surrenders in assault case 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Irrespective of caste, creed, sex, religion India is one: Naidu 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- CBI questions, books Rotomac directors as loan default is seen to touch Rs 3,695 cr 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...