- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Rahul attacks PM Modi on farmers' plight
Taking forward his 'question a day' campaign, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today targeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the problems afflicting the farm sector and farmers.
Asking his 9th question in the series, he asked, “Neither loan waiver, nor remunerative price for produce, neither received crop insurance benefit, nor were tubewells installed.”
The Congress leader also used the 'Gabbar' jibe to target the prime minister
"Agriculture hit by Gabbar Singh, land snatched and the (Ánnadatta) farmer was rendered useless. PM sahib should explain why such step-motherly treatment with the farm labour," he also said on Twitter.
Gandhi had earlier termed the Goods and Services Tax as Gabbar Singh Tax to attack the government.
Under the ongoing offensive, the Congress leader is using the tagline “22 saal ka hisab, Gujarat maange jawab” (22years of account, Gujarat demands answers), in the run-up to Gujarat elections starting December 9.
The Congress vice president has been using the microblogging site to pose daily questions to the prime minister over the performance of the BJP in Gujarat and its "unkept" promises over the past 22 years of its rule in the state.
- Congress's Ramesh Kumar elected Karnataka Assembly Speaker 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Gadkari advocates bringing fuel under GST 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM 25 May 2018 | AFP
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through 25 May 2018 | PTI
- NIA court convicts five IM militants in 2013 Bodh Gaya blasts 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured 25 May 2018 | PTI
- HDK to face floor test tomorrow; BJP throws gauntlet, fields Nominee for Speaker's post 24 May 2018 | PTI
- TN firing toll 13; Stalin, CM trade accusations on violence 24 May 2018 | PTI
- CS assault case: Sisodia to be quizzed tomorrow 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Centre working on long-term solution to fuel prices: Pradhan 24 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...