Rajnath speaks to Nitish; discusses Bihar floods
During the telephonic conversation, Kumar briefed Singh about the latest situation in the state.
"The Centre is rushing additional NDRF teams to Bihar to help the ongoing rescue and relief operations in the flood affected region of the state," Singh said in a tweet.
A home ministry official said that as many as seven teams of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), comprising 45 personnel in each, have already reached the affected areas in Bihar.
Recently, two persons died in a rain-related incident in Bihar where the Met officials have forecast heavy to very heavy rainfall in the coming days.
- Bring petroleum, real estate under GST ambit: Congress 17 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Modi changing India through innovation: Netanyahu 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- India to become $5 tn economy in next 8-9 years: Suresh Prabhu 17 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Trump admin's 'must list' for immigrants: skill, job, English 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Terrorism mother of all disruptions: Sushma Swaraj 17 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Making efforts for innovation-friendly systems: Modi 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- South Africa end India's nine-series winning streak 17 Jan 2018 | PTI
- Ex-CIA officer suspected of helping China arrested 17 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Countries that back terror must be tackled: Army chief 17 Jan 2018 | IANS
- Sitharaman flies in Sukhoi for 40 minutes 17 Jan 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
14 Jan 2018 | AFP | Yangon
Myanmar’s civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has welcomed an unprecedented army admission that security forces carried out extra-judicial killings of Rohingya Muslims as a “positive step”, state-backed media reported on Saturday. After months of staunch denials of abuse, the army on Wednesday said a probe found four members of the security forces helped kill 10 Rohingya militant suspects at Inn Din village on September 2, leaving their bodies in a...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jan 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Heavy Engineering Corporation (HEC) and Paras Healthcare today announced to run a 300 bedded super speciality hospital providing tertiary care services in the Capital City. A PPP project for the same was signed by CMD, HEC, Avijit Ghosh and MD, Paras Healthcare, Dr Dharminder Nagar on Tuesday...