- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
RBI keeps key interest rate unchanged
RBI today kept the key interest rate unchanged, on the expected lines, but raised the inflation forecast for remainder of the current financial year to 4.3- 4.7 per cent.
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel, in its fifth bi- monthly review, kept repo rate unchanged at 6 per cent and reverse repo at 5.75 per cent.
It said the reason for the decision was "achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth".
The central bank kept the economic growth forecast unchanged at 6.7 per cent for the fiscal ending March 31.
- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Rescinding of H-4 visa work permit in final stages: Trump admin tells court 25 May 2018 | PTI
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Cong's Ramesh Kumar elected Karnataka Assembly Speaker as BJP Withdraws from fray 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Gadkari advocates bringing fuel under GST 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM 25 May 2018 | AFP
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through 25 May 2018 | PTI
- NIA court convicts five IM militants in 2013 Bodh Gaya blasts 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured 25 May 2018 | PTI
- HDK to face floor test tomorrow; BJP throws gauntlet, fields Nominee for Speaker's post 24 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...