- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
RBI keeps key interest rate unchanged
RBI today kept the key interest rate unchanged, on the expected lines, but raised the inflation forecast for remainder of the current financial year to 4.3- 4.7 per cent.
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel, in its fifth bi- monthly review, kept repo rate unchanged at 6 per cent and reverse repo at 5.75 per cent.
It said the reason for the decision was "achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth".
The central bank kept the economic growth forecast unchanged at 6.7 per cent for the fiscal ending March 31.
- Delhi CS row: Bureaucrats decide to boycott meetings called by Kejriwal, his ministers 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- First big arrest in PNB fraud: Vipul Ambani held by CBI 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- State duty-bound to bring PNB scamsters to justice: Jaitley 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Delhi CS 'assault' case: Central IAS officers' body demands arrest of perpetrators 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- AAP says its leaders attacked, Delhi CS made casteist remarks 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Give suggestions to improve criminal justice system: SC to states, HCs 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Maldives Parliament extends emergency for 30 days 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Get back Nirav while returning from abroad, Rahul tells PM 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Gitanjali employees in Hyderabad stage protest, demand alternate jobs 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
- MHA seeks report from LG on assault on Delhi chief secy 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Feb 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
In a first major action, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Tuesday attached properties worth Rs 2 crore of Santhal Pargana Divisional Commissioner Pradeep Kumar allegedly earned through illegal means when he was secretary (health) from June 2008 to August 2009. Kumar, a 1991 batch IAS officer, has been accused of being involved in the NRHM (National Rural Health Mission) scam worth Rs 130 crore, taking bribe of Rs 4...