RBI keeps key interest rate unchanged
RBI today kept the key interest rate unchanged, on the expected lines, but raised the inflation forecast for remainder of the current financial year to 4.3- 4.7 per cent.
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel, in its fifth bi- monthly review, kept repo rate unchanged at 6 per cent and reverse repo at 5.75 per cent.
It said the reason for the decision was "achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth".
The central bank kept the economic growth forecast unchanged at 6.7 per cent for the fiscal ending March 31.
- Inflation jumps to 15-month high, IIP slows to 2.2% 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Undercurrent against BJP in Guj; results will be 'zabardast': Rahul 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- For many Muslims, EVM the real enemy 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi should stop telling lies: BJP 12 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Sharad Yadav moves HC against disqualification from RS 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat election: EC orders repolling in 6 booths on Thursday 12 Dec 2017 | IANS
- 6 sentenced to death in suspected honour killing of Dalit man 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
13 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Congress will organise a yatra covering all the 11 districts where the party feels that the employment rights of the locals have been compromised with. The protest is also against the said promise reportedly made by Chief Minister Raghubar Das to amend the decision allowing outsiders into Government jobs in certain part of the State...