- BrahMos air version test-fired with indigenous seeker
- Education fee cap for martyrs' children removed
- Cong to move privilege motion against Swaraj for 'misleading' RS on death of Indians in
- Govt paves way for tax-free gratuity of up to Rs 20 Lakh
- UIDAI CEO to make presentation on Aadhaar before SC
- AAP govt presents Rs 53,000 cr budget for 2018-19
- China sells Pakistan sensitive missile technology
- Linking Congress to data scam diversionary tactics: Rahul
- Facebook enhancing security features ahead of polls in India, Brazil: Zuckerberg
SC extends Aadhaar linking deadline
The Supreme Court on Tuesday extended the deadline for linking of various services with Aadhaar till it delivers its judgment on a batch of petitions challenging the constitutional validity of the biometrical identification scheme.
Announcing the order, a five-judge constitution bench, headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, however said that this extension will not affect the linking of Aadhaar with the disbursal of benefits under social welfare schemes.
The order came as senior counsel Arvind Datar, appearing for one of the petitioners, told the court that passport issuing authorities have made submission of Aadhaar mandatory for issuance of passports.
At this point, Attorney General K.K. Venugopal sought to clarify that this requirement of Aadhaar was only for issuance of 'tatkal' passports.
The court order also extended this extension to the issuance of passports.
The current deadline for linking of bank accounts, mobile phone connections, and other services with Aadhaar was March 31 and this had been extended by the apex court on December 15 last year.
- BCCI clears Shami of corruption charge, gives central contract 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- No Jaya footage to prevent people from watching: Apollo 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Riot cases will be withdrawn if politically motivated: UP govt 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- BrahMos air version test-fired with indigenous seeker 22 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Education fee cap for martyrs' children removed 22 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Cong to move privilege motion against Swaraj for 'misleading' RS on death of Indians in Iraq 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Govt paves way for tax-free gratuity of up to Rs 20 Lakh 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- UIDAI CEO to make presentation on Aadhaar before SC 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- AAP govt presents Rs 53,000 cr budget for 2018-19 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- China sells Pakistan sensitive missile technology 22 Mar 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...