- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
Sidhu joins Congress after meeting Rahul Gandhi
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu today joined Congress ahead of assembly poll in Punjab after meeting party Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
Sidhu's wife Navjot Kaur had joined Congress in November last year leading to speculation that he may follow suit.
"Indian National Congress (INC) welcomes S Navjot Singh Sidhu into Congress family and we thank Congress Vice President for his visionary approach in bringing together like-minded people on common platform under the Congress umbrella," Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala said in a statement.
"Known for straight taking, ideological commitment to the cause of nationalism as also wit and humour, we are certain that Congress party will be immensely strengthened in Punjab and elsewhere with the entry of Sidhu," said the statement posted on the party twitter handle.
Navjot Kaur along with Pargat Singh, a former Akali Dal legislator who had joined hands with Sidhu to form the outfit Awaaz-E Punjab, had joined Congress after the Sidhus left the BJP.
Earlier, there was speculation that the couple may join Aam Aadmi Party but their talks with AAP leadership failed.
Punjab goes to polls on February 4.
- Rahul puts forth demands to PM ahead of his address 31 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul trying to weaken fight against black money: BJP 24 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Kejriwal attacks PM, Cong over note scrapping 20 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Set up commission to probe source of political parties' funds: Kejriwal 17 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Uddhav mocks BJP-Cong for Parl logjam over demonetisation 15 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi, Kejriwal wish President on birthday 11 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Vijay Mallya's twitter account hacked 09 Dec 2016 | IANS
- Jaya buried with full state honours, Prez, PM pay homage 06 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Naidu attacks Cong, Left over tomorrow's planned protests 27 Nov 2016 | PTI
- 'BJP should declare it will contest polls with cheques only' 13 Nov 2016 | PTI
- 184 killed in militant attack on Egypt mosque 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Congress wants to break Army's morale, says Sitharaman 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Indian bowlers skittle out defensive Sri Lanka for 205 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- National opposition should work together to challenge Modi 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe President 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- RSS chief pitches for Ram temple at disputed site in Ayodhya 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Fare hike costs metro three lakh commuters a day 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- S African court doubles Pistorius sentence to more than 13 yrs 24 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Despite facing resistance from the city residents for closing down a few major cut points alongside MG Road and Harmu Bypass Road, the traffic police personnel are following the original plan in order to ensure smooth vehicular movement. SP (Traffic), Sanjay Ranjan Singh on Friday said that the orders of closing cut points along the two major routes will be followed as per the instructions received from Chief Minister, Raghubar Das...