- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
Trump says willing to speak to Kim Jong-un
US President Donald Trump has said that he was willing to speak to North Korean' Kim Jong-un.
Asked at a news conference on Saturday at Camp David (Trump's country retreat in Maryland) whether he would be interested in speaking to Kim, the President said that he always believed in dialogue, reports Efe news.
"Our stance, you know what it is. We're very firm," Trump said. "But I would be... absolutely, I would do that (speak with Kim). No problem with that, at all."
But when asked whether he would sit down to negotiate with the North Korean leader with no prerequisites, Trump said "that's not what I said, at all".
"Look, right now they're talking Olympics," Trump said of North Korea and South Korea over the upcoming Pyongchang Winter Olympics.
"It's a start. It's a big start. If I weren't involved they wouldn't be talking about Olympics right now. They'd be doing no talking or it would be much more serious.
"He (Kim) knows I'm not messing around. I'm not messing around. Not even a little bit. Not even 1 per cent. He understands that."
Trump also expressed his desire that North Korean athletes participate in the Winter Olympics slated to be held from February 9 to 25, and that the neighbouring countries continue to hold talks after the Games.
On Saturday, representatives of the two Asian nations held initial talks aimed paving the way for a scheduled high-level meeting on January 9, the first between the two countries in more than two years.
- Aadhaar exposes transgenders to surveillance, harassment: SC told 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Modi, Xi talk; want deep ties 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
- India to take up trade protectionism measures with US: Prabhu 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Shooting at Maryland high school 20 Mar 2018 | AFP
- JNU professor Atul Johri arrested in sexual harassment case 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- I had been saying all 39 others were dead: Lone survivor Harjit Masih 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Swaraj slams Cong for disrupting proceedings in LS, calls it cheap politics 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- US senator introduces bill aimed at protecting call centre jobs 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- May take 8-10 days to bring back bodies of 39 Indians from Iraq: Singh 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...