- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Vajpayee continues to be in ICU of AIIMS
Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, continues to be in the ICU of AIIMS, and his condition is being monitored by a team of doctors round the clock, sources at the hospital said.
AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria had yesterday said that the 93-year-old leader has shown significant improvement and doctors are hopeful of his full recovery in the next few days.
Vajpayee was admitted to the premier hospital on June 11 with kidney tract infection, chest congestion and his urine output being on the lower side.
"He was immediately evaluated by a team of doctors and was put on injectable antibiotics," Guleria had said.
Vajpayee, a diabetic, has one functional kidney. He suffered a stroke in 2009, weakening his cognitive abilities. Later, he developed dementia.
Political leaders, including Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje visited the ailing leader at the hospital today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, former prime ministers Manmohan Singh and H D Deve Gowda, and Congress president Rahul Gandhi have visited Vajpayee at the AIIMS over the past three days.
Vajpayee was thrice elected the prime minister between 1996 and 1999 and is the only non-Congress prime minister to complete the full term of five years, from 1999 to 2004. As his health deteriorated, he had slowly withdrawn himself from public life and was confined to his residence for years.
- Shah to address rally in Jammu tomorrow 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Indian contingent, part of UN peacekeeping mission, awarded 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Surat court issues arrest warrant against Nirav Modi 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- EC registers Haasan's party MNM 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Kejriwal is in good condition,says naturecure institute officials 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 9 security personnel injured in militant attack in JK's Pulwama 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Jharkhand HC extends Lalu's provisional bail till July 3 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Mehbooba visits JK guv, discusses issues related to state's development 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Vohra holds all-party meet to discuss JK situation 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...