Venkaiah Naidu is NDA's vice presidential candidate, to file nomination at 11 AM tomorrow: Shah
Naidu was chosen at the BJP Parliamentary board meeting here attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other senior party leaders.
The 68-year old Naidu currently holds the portfolios of Information and Broadcasting and Housing and Urban Affairs.
The former BJP president is pitted against Gopalkrishna Gandhi, who was chosen by an alliance of 18 opposition parties, including the Congress.
The electoral college for the August 5 election consists of 790 MPs of the two chambers of Parliament.
Naidu will file his nomination tomorrow at 11 AM, Shah said.
Tomorrow is the last day for the filing of nominations.
- Massive support for very, very simple GST: Venkaiah Naidu 09 Jul 2017 | PTI
- GST will end 'inspector raj', boost economic growth: Shah 01 Jul 2017 | PTI
- PM inaugurates Kochi Metro 17 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Prez nominee: BJP to talk to all parties in 'true spirit of democracy' 13 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Prez polls: Shah forms committee to build consensus 12 Jun 2017 | PTI
- No corruption in BJP's three year rule: Venkaiah 10 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ready to bring in legislation to stop triple talaq: Centre 21 May 2017 | PTI
- Country's development depends on progress of the states: Naidu 16 May 2017 | PTI
- Triple talaq has no sanction in Shariat: Venkaiah 30 Apr 2017 | PTI
- All should speak with one voice on Kashmir, Naxalism: Naidu 28 Apr 2017 | PTI
- K'taka Cong MLA says audio tape released by his party to frame BJP is 'fake' 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Dalit man beaten to death in Gujarat, 5 held 21 May 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi arrives in Sochi for informal summit with Putin 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Moody's downgrades PNB on the impact of Nirav Modi fraud 21 May 2018 | PTI
- ND-Vizag AP Express catches fire near Gwalior, no injuries reported 21 May 2018 | PTI
- India test fires BrahMos cruise missile 21 May 2018 | IANS
- Plea in SC seeking review of Loya death case verdict 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Kerala Health dept on alert after 3 deaths due to virus 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Communalism has no place in West Bengal: CM 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Pak Rangers violate ceasefire again, hours after 'pleading' to stop firing 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...