Venkaiah Naidu is NDA's vice presidential candidate, to file nomination at 11 AM tomorrow: Shah
Naidu was chosen at the BJP Parliamentary board meeting here attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other senior party leaders.
The 68-year old Naidu currently holds the portfolios of Information and Broadcasting and Housing and Urban Affairs.
The former BJP president is pitted against Gopalkrishna Gandhi, who was chosen by an alliance of 18 opposition parties, including the Congress.
The electoral college for the August 5 election consists of 790 MPs of the two chambers of Parliament.
Naidu will file his nomination tomorrow at 11 AM, Shah said.
Tomorrow is the last day for the filing of nominations.
- Massive support for very, very simple GST: Venkaiah Naidu 09 Jul 2017 | PTI
- GST will end 'inspector raj', boost economic growth: Shah 01 Jul 2017 | PTI
- PM inaugurates Kochi Metro 17 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Prez nominee: BJP to talk to all parties in 'true spirit of democracy' 13 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Prez polls: Shah forms committee to build consensus 12 Jun 2017 | PTI
- No corruption in BJP's three year rule: Venkaiah 10 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ready to bring in legislation to stop triple talaq: Centre 21 May 2017 | PTI
- Country's development depends on progress of the states: Naidu 16 May 2017 | PTI
- Triple talaq has no sanction in Shariat: Venkaiah 30 Apr 2017 | PTI
- All should speak with one voice on Kashmir, Naxalism: Naidu 28 Apr 2017 | PTI
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Restrictions in Srinagar after strike call by separatists 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Afghan official: Suicide bombing at Kabul mosque kills 30 20 Oct 2017 | AP
- EU leaders approve Brexit trade talks preparations 20 Oct 2017 | AFP
- Have lodged seven more cases in coal scam: ED to SC 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Will not speak on 'Shah-zada', says Rahul after court order 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
- India welcomes Tillerson's remarks on US-India ties 20 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Hafiz Saeed's house arrest extended for 30 days 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...