- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
Voting in presidential election ends
Voting to elect Indias 14th President ended at 5 p.m. on Monday in Parliament House and state assemblies across India with an overwhelming majority of the electoral college members having cast their vote.
Voting was held in 32 polling stations -- one in Parliament House Room No 62 and rest one each in state legislative assemblies.
Polling started at 10 a.m.
A total of 776 MPs and 4,120 MLAs were eligible to vote. The total value of votes of the electoral college is 10,98,903.
The ballot boxes from the states will be brought to Delhi for counting on July 20. Results will be declared that day.
NDA's candidate Ram Nath Kovind -- ex Bihar governor -- has an advantage over Meira Kumar -- a former Lok Sabha speaker -- as the numbers are stacked in favour of the ruling NDA.
The BJP and allies have nearly 63 per cent of the vote while the Congress-led opposition has a little over 35 per cent. Independents and other smaller parties, who have not made their choice known, have two per cent.
President Pranab Mukherjee demits office on July 25.
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal 18 Dec 2017 | IANS
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat 18 Dec 2017 | IANS
- All eyes on Gujarat as stage set for counting tomorrow 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Pak 'processing' visa applications of Jadhav's wife, mother 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Third ODI: India restrict Sri Lanka to low score 17 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Protests over driver's death in J&K Army ambush 17 Dec 2017 | IANS
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...