- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
VVIP choppers case: ED arrests woman director of Dubai firm
A woman director of two Dubai- based firms was today arrested by the ED in connection with its probe in the Rs 3,600 crore money laundering case, a senior agency official said.
The central probe agency identified the woman as Shivani Saxena, director of Ms UHY Saxena and Ms Matrix Holdings.
The official said Saxena was arrested under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and was later produced in a court which sent her to four days of judicial custody.
The woman is alleged to have received the "proceeds of crime" in this case, the official said.
The Enforcement Directorate had registered a PMLA case in this regard in 2014 and had named 21 people including former Indian Air Force (IAF) chief S P Tyagi in its money laundering FIR.
On 1 January, 2014, India scrapped the contract with Finmeccanica's British subsidiary AgustaWestland for supplying 12 AW-101 VVIP choppers to the IAF over alleged breach of contractual obligations and charges of paying kickbacks to the tune of Rs 423 crore by it for securing the deal.
- Trump: N. Korea summit could still happen on June 12 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Delhi continues to reel under heat wave 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Cong-JD(S) coalition will be stable for 5 years: Kumaraswamy 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Delhi HC slams DU for "serious lapse" in awarding gold medal 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Sebi serves notice on Chanda Kochhar in Videocon loan case 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Pompeo pushes for CAATSA waiver so that countries like India aren't affected 25 May 2018 | PTI
- India wants peace, but Pak must stop sending militants into J&K: Rawat 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Army orders court of inquiry against Gogoi 25 May 2018 | PTI
- CBSE to declare class 12 results on Saturday 25 May 2018 | IANS
- SP-BSP alliance will be challenge for BJP: Amit Shah 25 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Dharamlal Kaushik has congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his four years in office to be completed on Saturday. Kaushik in a statement said the four years of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in office would be known as glorious years in the minds of people...