VVIP choppers case: ED arrests woman director of Dubai firm
A woman director of two Dubai- based firms was today arrested by the ED in connection with its probe in the Rs 3,600 crore money laundering case, a senior agency official said.
The central probe agency identified the woman as Shivani Saxena, director of Ms UHY Saxena and Ms Matrix Holdings.
The official said Saxena was arrested under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and was later produced in a court which sent her to four days of judicial custody.
The woman is alleged to have received the "proceeds of crime" in this case, the official said.
The Enforcement Directorate had registered a PMLA case in this regard in 2014 and had named 21 people including former Indian Air Force (IAF) chief S P Tyagi in its money laundering FIR.
On 1 January, 2014, India scrapped the contract with Finmeccanica's British subsidiary AgustaWestland for supplying 12 AW-101 VVIP choppers to the IAF over alleged breach of contractual obligations and charges of paying kickbacks to the tune of Rs 423 crore by it for securing the deal.
- Paradise Lost: Indian eves stumble at the finishing line 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Parliamentarians bid farewell to Prez Mukherjee 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Indian women restrict England to 228/7 in World Cup final 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Sunanda case: More anxious to know the truth, says Tharoor 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Swaraj to hold talks with Iraqi counterpart on abducted Indians 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Russia keen to sell MiG-35 to IAF, talks on: top official 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Women's World Cup: England win toss, decide to bat 23 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Vaghela's Cong exit to alter politics in poll-bound Guj 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- OPS faction MLA formally joins ruling party 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
- RBI to lease currency verification systems to weed out fakes 23 Jul 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A total of 18,404 students have registered in ‘Mukhya Mantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana’. Registrations are being made under the scheme constantly...