VVIP choppers case: ED arrests woman director of Dubai firm
A woman director of two Dubai- based firms was today arrested by the ED in connection with its probe in the Rs 3,600 crore money laundering case, a senior agency official said.
The central probe agency identified the woman as Shivani Saxena, director of Ms UHY Saxena and Ms Matrix Holdings.
The official said Saxena was arrested under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and was later produced in a court which sent her to four days of judicial custody.
The woman is alleged to have received the "proceeds of crime" in this case, the official said.
The Enforcement Directorate had registered a PMLA case in this regard in 2014 and had named 21 people including former Indian Air Force (IAF) chief S P Tyagi in its money laundering FIR.
On 1 January, 2014, India scrapped the contract with Finmeccanica's British subsidiary AgustaWestland for supplying 12 AW-101 VVIP choppers to the IAF over alleged breach of contractual obligations and charges of paying kickbacks to the tune of Rs 423 crore by it for securing the deal.
- After video of angry passenger, minister says he was not responsible for flight delay 22 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Will not allow 'Padmavati' to release in Gujarat: Rupani 22 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Parliament's winter session will be held, to be regular session: Jaitley 22 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Pak's judicial body orders release of Hafiz Saeed 22 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Islamic schools in Pakistan plagued by sex abuse of children 22 Nov 2017 | AP
- 'Fools' have accepted formula given by 'fools': Nitin Patel 22 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Indian Air Force ‚Äď World‚Äôs First To Possess Lethal Combination Of BRAHMOS and Sukhoi-30 22 Nov 2017 | Agencies
- UP civic polls: Voting underway for 1st phase; BJP will wineverywhere, says Adityanath 22 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Students working overtime to build Apple iPhone X: Report 22 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Hackers stole data from 57 million Uber riders, drivers: CEO 22 Nov 2017 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
In a major administrative reshuffle, the State government on Wednesday issued transfer orders to reshuffle 15 Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officers. Revenue Secretary P Narhari has been posted as Commissioner in Public Relations department...