- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
Woman killed in ceasefire violation by Pak army in Poonch
"The Pakistani army initiated unprovoked and indiscriminate firing of small arms, automatic weapons and mortars from 0515 hours in Poonch sector along the LoC," a defence spokesman said.
Indian Army personnel guarding the border posts retaliated strongly and effectively.
The exchange of fire stopped at 0645 hours, he said.
Around 0520 hours, mortar shells fired from across the border exploded near the house of Mohd. Shabir at Gohlad Kalran village, killing his wife Raqia Bi, a police officer said.
On August 8, the Pakistani troops resorted to firing and shelling in the Krishnagati sector of Poonch district, killing Sepoy Pawan Singh Sugra (21).
Till August 1 this year, there have been 285 instances of ceasefire violation by the Pakistani forces. In 2016, the number was significantly less at 228.
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal 18 Dec 2017 | IANS
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat 18 Dec 2017 | IANS
- All eyes on Gujarat as stage set for counting tomorrow 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Pak 'processing' visa applications of Jadhav's wife, mother 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Third ODI: India restrict Sri Lanka to low score 17 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Protests over driver's death in J&K Army ambush 17 Dec 2017 | IANS
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP 17 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...