Apple apologises for sending data migration notice to US users
Apple, which announced its first data centre in China will be operational from February, mistakenly sent a notice to some of the US users saying their iCloud data is being migrated to the servers in the Asian country.
The Cupertino-based Apple has now apologised.
In an email obtained by TechCrunch, the company said: "We are very sorry that you received this email. This email was intended only for customers whose Apple ID country is China. A very small number of our customers whose Apple ID country is not China also received this email by mistake".
In a move to increase transparency and make inroads into China, the first data centre of the Cupertino-based tech giant Apple in China will be put into operation on February 28.
From then on, photos, documents and other personal information uploaded to iCloud accounts by Apple customers in China will be stored at a data base in southwest China's Guizhou Province, Xinhua news agency reported.
The move is aiming to increase transparency and offer Chinese customers a safer and more fluent experience of iCloud, the company was quoted as saying.
Apple announced the constructing of the new data base in Guizhou last July, with an investment of $1 billion.
Apple's gets most of its products manufactured in China and also sources its best electronics engineers from the there.
- Facebook data breach: Where is Mark Zuckerberg? 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Trump calls Putin, congratulates him on re-election 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Sanjay Dutt upset over 'biography', publisher stops further extracts 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Maldives former dictator, judges charged with terrorism 21 Mar 2018 | AP
- Google celebrates Ustad Bismillah Khan's 102nd birthday 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Katrina Bollywood's most popular actress outside India: Report 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- 'Delete' Facebook, says WhatsApp co-founder amid Cambridge Analytica scandal 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Israel admits striking Syrian 'nuclear facility' in 2007 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Actress Cynthia Nixon enters race for New York governor 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Trump wants death penalty for drug traffickers 20 Mar 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Mar 2018 | VINOD PRASAD | LOHARDAGA
In Lohardaga municipal election for the post of chairman congress candidate Anupama Bhagat, BJP candidate Manorama Ekka, AJSU candidate Shushila Kujur and independent candidate Mamta Ekka filed their nominations on Wednesday. For the post of vice chairman BJP candidate Om Prakash Singh, independent candidate Rajeev Ranjan, JVM candidate Balmukund Lohra, independent candidate Vimalkant Singh, Congress candidate Rauf Ansari, independent candidate Nikhil Kumar, Kishun Mahto and 57 candidates for ward councilors also...