Didn't think I'd fit in 'Race' franchise: Salman
Salman Khan may have featured in several blockbuster action films but the superstar says when he was offered "Race 3", he never thought he would fit in the thriller genre of the movie.
Salman will be seen in the "Race" franchise for the first time, which was earlier headlined by Saif Ali Khan.
When asked how did he come on board for the franchise, Salman told reporters, "'Race 3' script was offered to me two years ago but I didn't think I fit in the genre. I asked Ramesh Taurani to make some changes because I didn't fit in that genre. Once that was done, I thought it would be actually a lot of fun to do this film."
The 52-year-old superstar said this is the first time where he will be seen in a full blown 'musical-action bonanza'.
"Earlier, we used to have a 'musical action bonanza' which hasn't come in a while. A film with big scale music, emotion, action, youth kind, which you watch, whistle in the end and go back home happy. This is one of those films, which I've never done at all," he added.
"Race 3" also features Anil Kapoor, Jacquline Fernandez, Bobby Deol, Daisy Shah, Saqib Saleem and Freddy Daruwala.
Salman said no one has been favoured in the film on the basis of their stardom.
"We didn't go for the star value, we went with the characters. They should justify that. It doesn't matter who's doing well and who isn't. Everyone has been treated equally in the film. Once you watch it, you'll realise this," Salman said.
While the first two installments were helmed by Abbas-Mustan, "Race 3" is directed by Remo D'Souza.
Remo said handling so many stars on set was not difficult as the script was very well etched out.
"Salman had heard the script two years ago, I came in later. Then we all worked on the script and made necessary changes. The script was so brilliantly written, all the characters were etched out," he said.
"Race 3" is scheduled to release on June 15.
- Hot day in Delhi, strong winds likely tomorrow 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Delhi Daredevils knock Mumbai Indians out of IPL with 11-run win 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Japanese director Kore-eda wins Palme d'Or for 'Shoplifters' at Cannes Film Festival 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Ronaldo and Bale score in Real draw as Zinedine son makes debut 20 May 2018 | AFP
- Cuba plane crash: Black box recovered in 'good condition' 20 May 2018 | IANS
- 1.9 bn people watched royal wedding: report 20 May 2018 | PTI
- IMD warns of thunderstorm tonight 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-leader slams 'public trial' of family 19 May 2018 | AP
- Trump nominates Pacific commander as America's new envoy to S Korea 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra sports chic dress suit at royal wedding 19 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | Bokaro
More than dozens of the trains were affected after a traffic block conducted by railway on Bokaro-Kotshila rail block on Saturday. The traffic block was conducted to eliminate two unmanned railway crossing between Bokaro and Kotshila and to construct limited height subway there, informed S K Srivastava DRM Adra Division...