Fake notification on Eid holidays, police begins probe
The Kolkata Police today started an investigation into the fake notification issued in the name of West Bengal government on holidays for the Eid doing the rounds on social networking sites.
"A fake notification is doing the rounds in social media about Eid holidays. It is false. Those who have masterminded this will be strictly dealt with as per law," the Kolkata Police today posted on its Facebook page.
The "fake" notification purportedly issued by the state finance department on a letterhead with the Biswa Bangla logo stated that the state government has declared holidays for five days, from June 12 to June 16, to celebrate the Eid festival.
"All state government offices including educational institutions, rural and urban local bodies, development authorities, boards, corporations and state government undertakings shall remain closed" on those five days, the fake notification read.
- Netflix's top spokesman fired over use of racial term 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Explosion as Ethiopia's new, reformist prime minister speaks 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Trump threatens 20 per cent tariff on all imported EU cars 22 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Zoomcar launches 25 Electric vehicles at Miyapur Metro station 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- YouTube to let users launch pre-recorded videos as live moment 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Twitter launches IIFA emoji 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra arrives in Mumbai with Nick Jonas in tow 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- UK police arrest man after he claims to have a bomb 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- After giving birth, New Zealand leader craves mac-n-cheese 22 Jun 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...