Gadkari meets Salman, Salim Khan as part of outreach programme
Union minister Nitin Gadkari today met Bollywood actor Salman Khan and his father Salim Khan, a noted script writer, at their residence here as part of the BJP's "contact for support" campaign.
The former BJP president presented to Salim Khan some booklets highlighting the achievements of the Modi government in the last four years.
The meeting that took place at 'Galaxy', Khan's apartment in Bandra, lasted for 30 minutes. Gadkari was accompanied by Raj Purohit, a senior party leader from Mumbai.
"Met Sri Salim Khan ji and Salman Khan as part of Sampark for Samarthan campaign. Have discussed the achievement and initiative of Modi government in last 4 years,"the Union minister tweeted after the meeting.
Though Salim Khan and Salman did not comment or tweet about the meeting, Gadkari's post was liked by the father-son duo.
The 'Sampark for Samarthan' (contact for support) campaign was launched to mark the four years of Modi government last month.
As many as 4,000 functionaries of the party will contact one lakh people, who are recognised names in their fields, to inform them about the government's works during its four year tenure.
Two days back, BJP chief Amit Shah had called on actor Madhuri Dixit and industrialist Ratan Tata in Mumbai as part of the initiative.
- Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Trump threatens 20 per cent tariff on all imported EU cars 22 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Zoomcar launches 25 Electric vehicles at Miyapur Metro station 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- YouTube to let users launch pre-recorded videos as live moment 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Twitter launches IIFA emoji 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra arrives in Mumbai with Nick Jonas in tow 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- UK police arrest man after he claims to have a bomb 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- After giving birth, New Zealand leader craves mac-n-cheese 22 Jun 2018 | AP
- EU tariffs on US goods come into force 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Melania Trump dons 'I really don't care, do u?' jacket 22 Jun 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...