Grande's engagement ring worth $100,000 bought in May
Actor-comedian Pete Davidson bought an engagement ring worth $100,000 for singer Ariana Grande in May, says a jeweller.
"Pete called me at the end of May and said 'Look, I'm getting a ring. This is what I want'. And I told him that I had the right ring for him. He didn't tell me who it was for but told me to keep it a secret. He didn't tell me anything about it," jeweller Greg Yuna told eonline.com.
It took two weeks to make the pear-shaped ring, which clocks in at just over three carats. The "Saturday Night Live" star paid a whopping $93,000 for it, Yuna said.
On June 2, the "No tears left to ring" singer rocked the engagement ring onstage at iHeartRadio and 102.7 KIISFM's Wango Tango concert here.
Sources described the pair as being in the early stages of their relationship at the time, so Grande's sparkler didn't immediately spark engagement speculation.
The soon-to-be bride and groom were fresh off long-term relationships when they began dating.
In early May, Grande confirmed she and rapper Mac Miller had gone their separate ways after being two years together, and Davidson's relationship with Cazzie David ended around the same time.
The couple also celebrated their engagement at Disneyland with family and friends.
- Netflix's top spokesman fired over use of racial term 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Explosion as Ethiopia's new, reformist prime minister speaks 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration 23 Jun 2018 | AP
- Trump threatens 20 per cent tariff on all imported EU cars 22 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Zoomcar launches 25 Electric vehicles at Miyapur Metro station 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- YouTube to let users launch pre-recorded videos as live moment 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Twitter launches IIFA emoji 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra arrives in Mumbai with Nick Jonas in tow 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- UK police arrest man after he claims to have a bomb 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- After giving birth, New Zealand leader craves mac-n-cheese 22 Jun 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...