- Bollywood legend Sridevi passes away at the age of 54
- India beat South Africa by 7 runs to clinch series 2-1
- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
John Abraham's 'Dhoom' act at Auto Expo
"Dhoom" star John Abraham, also known for his fondness for bikes, made a chic entry on a two-wheeler at the ongoing Auto Expo on Friday.
John arrived on a bike on the stage with a helmet on. As he removed it, the crowd cheered louder for him.
India Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt Ltd introduced the sports model, YZF-R3, at the Auto Expo 2018 in the presence of the actor, also the Yamaha brand ambassador, at the Auto Expo at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida.
The new YZF-R3 is enabled with dual channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) technology and high grip Metzeler radial tyres.
The motorcycle will be priced at Rs 348,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) and will be available at select authorized Yamaha dealerships.
John said: "It has been an exciting journey for Yamaha till now as the company has always surprised its consumers with innovative and stylish products year after year. With the launch of the new YZF-R3, it is certain that the riders will experience an improved art of technology."
The ABS technology will further ensure reliable braking on slippery roads by automatically adjusting the brake fluid pressure while the Metzeler radial tyres will ensure high-safety performance and enhanced grip.
The model will be available in two colour variants - Racing Blue and Magma Black.
Yamaha Motor India Group of companies Chairman Motofumi Shitara, said: "The success and popularity gained by the YZF-R3 in India is a major achievement by the company. The development team has put all of their engineering skills and passion into developing this new model with dual channel ABS in order to provide improved riding experience and more excitement to the customers."
- Steve Smith to lead Rajasthan Royals in 2018 IPL 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Kovind, Modi mourn Sridevi's death 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Rahul flags off Vrukshathon in Vijayapura 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Kylie cosmetics' new line inspired by daughter 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Dating app Tinder facilitates infidelity: study 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- UN backs Syria ceasefire as death toll in rebel enclave tops 500 25 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Mexican leader's visit with Trump shelved over wall: media 25 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Police caution people against tricky online deals in Mewat region 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Modi stresses on public safety in 'Mann Ki Baat' 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Vehicle crashes into barrier near White House 24 Feb 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
25 Feb 2018 | M Venkaiah Naidu
Today, we are conferring International Gandhi Award-2017 on two outstanding personalities, Dr MD Gupte and Dr Atul Shah, for their selfless and humanitarian services in the cause of elimination of leprosy and in alleviating the suffering of leprosy-affected patients. Leprosy has been prevalent in our country since a very long time...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Feb 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Jharkhand would be probably first state of the country where the fleet of common service centres (CSCs) or Pragya Kendra spread all across, especially in smaller towns and villages, would double as telemedicine centres. Department of IT and e-Governance has prepared itself to launch the medical service through CSCs under which any family can get consultation with doctors as many as eight times in a month, get prescribed medicines over there...