Lok Sabha proceedings disrupted again
The proceedings of the Lok Sabha this morning were disrupted for the seventh consecutive day today as various parties continued with their protests on several issues, including the PNB scam.
As soon as Speaker Sumitra Mahajan took up the Question Hour, members from various parties, including the Congress, AIADMK, TDP and TRS trooped into the Well raising slogans and holding placards.
Most of them were heard shouting "we want justice". Congress members were holding placards demanding that tainted diamond merchant Nirav Modi be brought back. 'Chota Modi kahan gaya', read one of the placards.
TDP members were holding placards which read 'Follow alliance dharma'.
Some members from the Left parties, while standing at their seats, were holding some photographs.
Amid the bedlam, Mahajan adjourned the House for nearly one hour till 12 noon.
The House has been witnessing frequent disruptions since March 5, when the second leg of the Budget Session of Parliament began.
After the proceedings were adjourned, TDP and TRS members were seen talking to Highways minister Nitin Gadkari and Parliamentary minister Ananth Kumar.
- I have been practising these shots, says Karthik 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Two injured in Texas city explosion 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Republicans warn Trump over Mueller's Russia inquiry 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Apple secretly developing its own screens: Report 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Ola, Uber strike hits Mumbai commuters 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Salman Khan gets in racer mode for 'Race 3' 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- 1 dead, 1 injured after shooting at Southern California mall 18 Mar 2018 | AP
- Telangana CM to meet Mamata Banerjee tomorrow 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Sindhu loses in All England semis 18 Mar 2018 | IANS
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...