Lok Sabha proceedings disrupted again
The proceedings of the Lok Sabha this morning were disrupted for the seventh consecutive day today as various parties continued with their protests on several issues, including the PNB scam.
As soon as Speaker Sumitra Mahajan took up the Question Hour, members from various parties, including the Congress, AIADMK, TDP and TRS trooped into the Well raising slogans and holding placards.
Most of them were heard shouting "we want justice". Congress members were holding placards demanding that tainted diamond merchant Nirav Modi be brought back. 'Chota Modi kahan gaya', read one of the placards.
TDP members were holding placards which read 'Follow alliance dharma'.
Some members from the Left parties, while standing at their seats, were holding some photographs.
Amid the bedlam, Mahajan adjourned the House for nearly one hour till 12 noon.
The House has been witnessing frequent disruptions since March 5, when the second leg of the Budget Session of Parliament began.
After the proceedings were adjourned, TDP and TRS members were seen talking to Highways minister Nitin Gadkari and Parliamentary minister Ananth Kumar.
- Swiggy raises $210 million from Naspers, DST Global 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Facebook's Instagram has more than a billion users 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NASA's Curiosity rover captures photos of Mars dust storm 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' is bananas: Paul Rudd 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Counter-tariffs against US on June 22: EU 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Pope criticises separating families at border 20 Jun 2018 | AP
- Mahindra launches TUV300 Plus at Rs 9.59 lakh 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 'Twitter Media', a new home for publishers, is here 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- UN Human Rights Council back to work with US seats empty 20 Jun 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...