Malayalam actress Priya Varrier floors social media with a smile and wink
A wink, and a shy but mischievous smile by Malayalam actress Priya Prakash Varrier in a 28-second clip from a film song has turned the 18-year-old into an internet sensation.
Priya, who features in the clip from "Manikya malaraya poovi" -- a song from her forthcoming Malayalam film debut "Oru Adaar Love" -- has, in her own words, become a "national trend" on social media.
The song was launched online on February 9. It garnered almost 10,000,000 views on YouTube till Tuesday evening.
She registered on Twitter only earlier this month, and has already garnered a following of 60,000. On Instagram, she has got 2.5 million followers, and got a blue tick. She also has a verified official Facebook page.
Priya, who belongs to Thrissur in Kerala, is ecstatic.
"Can't believe this, #NationalTrend. Thank you so much for your love and support," Priya tweeted on Monday as she shared a snapshot of Twitter's viral trends.
Her expressive eyes, innocence and smile in the clip wherein she gets flirty with her co-actor, have done the trick.
Telugu film actor Allu Arjun tweeted: "The cutest video I have seen in recent times. The power of simplicity. Love it!"
He was among the several others who noted the video for its old world charm of romancing with the eyes.
As the video clip went viral, Twitter was filled with memes capturing the funny side --- some involved Gautam Gambhir, Ravi Shastri, Virat Kohli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and even Katrina Kaif.
One tweet read: "Priya Prakash Varrier gave all types of expressions in that two minutes that Katrina Kaif couldn't give in her entire Bollywood career."
Priya's debut film, releasing next month, is written and directed by Omar Lulu, and produced by Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy under the banner of Ousepachan Movie House. It stars a bunch of newcomers and has music by Shaan Rahman.
- Kohli bids emotional farewell to 'brother' de Villiers 26 May 2018 | IANS
- GDPR impact: Google, Facebook face penalty as US news sites go unavailable 26 May 2018 | IANS
- I did not create unsafe work environment, assault women: Morgan Freeman 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Bats not primary source of Nipah outbreak in Kerala: Report 26 May 2018 | PTI
- Harvey Weinstein released on USD 1m bail over rape and abuse charges 26 May 2018 | PTI
- GDPR impact: Google, Facebook face over $9 bn in fines 26 May 2018 | IANS
- IDBI Bank Q4 net losses widened to Rs 5,663 cr 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Apple blocks Valve's game streaming service 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Australia, Netherlands formally accuse Russia of downing MH17 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Overbooked Air India flight leaves passengers behind 25 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
27 May 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
The Nipah virus mystery deepened on Saturday as the samples collected from bats in Kerala’s Kozhikode and Malappuram districts, where 13 people have died of the infection, have tested negative for the virus. A report submitted by a central medical team to the Union Health Ministry also ruled out pigs to be the primary source of the virus...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan remained in the midst of villagers of Pachore, Lachore and Bhadakui of Nasrullaganj tehsil till Friday midnight during his Vikas Yatra in Sehore district. The Chief Minister held a direct dialogue with the villagers during the Jan-Samvad programme and gave information to them about the public welfare schemes...