Malayalam actress Priya Varrier floors social media with a smile and wink
A wink, and a shy but mischievous smile by Malayalam actress Priya Prakash Varrier in a 28-second clip from a film song has turned the 18-year-old into an internet sensation.
Priya, who features in the clip from "Manikya malaraya poovi" -- a song from her forthcoming Malayalam film debut "Oru Adaar Love" -- has, in her own words, become a "national trend" on social media.
The song was launched online on February 9. It garnered almost 10,000,000 views on YouTube till Tuesday evening.
She registered on Twitter only earlier this month, and has already garnered a following of 60,000. On Instagram, she has got 2.5 million followers, and got a blue tick. She also has a verified official Facebook page.
Priya, who belongs to Thrissur in Kerala, is ecstatic.
"Can't believe this, #NationalTrend. Thank you so much for your love and support," Priya tweeted on Monday as she shared a snapshot of Twitter's viral trends.
Her expressive eyes, innocence and smile in the clip wherein she gets flirty with her co-actor, have done the trick.
Telugu film actor Allu Arjun tweeted: "The cutest video I have seen in recent times. The power of simplicity. Love it!"
He was among the several others who noted the video for its old world charm of romancing with the eyes.
As the video clip went viral, Twitter was filled with memes capturing the funny side --- some involved Gautam Gambhir, Ravi Shastri, Virat Kohli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and even Katrina Kaif.
One tweet read: "Priya Prakash Varrier gave all types of expressions in that two minutes that Katrina Kaif couldn't give in her entire Bollywood career."
Priya's debut film, releasing next month, is written and directed by Omar Lulu, and produced by Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy under the banner of Ousepachan Movie House. It stars a bunch of newcomers and has music by Shaan Rahman.
- Trump meets shooting survivors, suggests arming teachers 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Ivanka Trump to attend Olympics Closing Ceremony with US delegation 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Constant drizzle made life difficult for bowlers: Kohli 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Suspected grenade attack on US embassy compound in Montenegro: Govt 22 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Ford's N. America head leaves company after misconduct allegations 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Copyright lawsuit filed against 'The Shape of Water' makers 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India 7th most targeted nation for Web Application Attacks: Report 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Trump pushes for ban on rapid-fire gun 'bump stocks' 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay, Google Wallet 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Williams says terrifying health scare almost killed her 21 Feb 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Feb 2018 | PNS
Ganjam OPTCL Clerk caught taking bribe Brahmapur: The Vigilance police on Wednesday caught OPTCL Junior Clerk Jugal Kishore Parida red-handed for demanding and accepting bribe of Rs 8,000 from one Jayram Rout of Dhakinapur village in Ganjam district for processing the file to enable Jayaram Rout’s father Narasingh Rout to receive his pending EPF amounting to Rs 94,279. Parida’s residential Government quarter was also searched...