New Snapchat feature to let users delete chat messages
Photo-messaging app Snapchat is reportedly rolling out a new feature called "clear chats" that will allow users to delete messages from personal and group chat-threads.
The new feature is aimed at making people more comfortable sending sensitive information over Snapchat.
This could also check cases of revenge porn and blackmails where hackers or others threat and expose abusive conversations and personal images, TechCrunch reported on Monday.
"Hold down on a text, image, video, memory, sticker or audio note in a one-on-one or group chat, you'll see a 'delete' button. Tap it and Snapchat will try to retract the message, though it admits it won't always work if the recipient lacks an internet connection or updated version of the app," the report added.
This feature may boost the app usage after it hit its slowest growth rate ever last quarter beacuse of Snapchat's globally criticised redesign.
Snapchat is reportedly working to roll out the "clear chats" feature globally over the next few weeks.
- Around 6000 railway station chiefs to get AC in cabins 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Neymar limps out of training, setting Brazilian alarm bells ringing 19 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Adobe announces new Office 365 integrations 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Global indexes drop as Trump threatens more China tariffs 19 Jun 2018 | AP
- Google to train 8,000 Indian journalists on fact-checking 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Google rolling out desktop browser support for Android Messages 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Samsung's new ultrasound device delivers 3D images of foetuses 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead at 20 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 'Chirp' app brings back Twitter functionalities to Apple Watch 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- 'Black Panther', 'Stranger Things' big winners at MTV Awards 2018 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...