- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Prince Philip discharged from hospital after hip surgery
Britain's Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, today left hospital after a hip replacement surgery.
The 96-year-old waved to a small crowd as he was driven past King Edward VII's Hospital in London in a Range Rover.
Queen Elizabeth II's husband had been admitted to hospital on April 3 to undergo a planned procedure the following day.
Buckingham Palace said the prince will now spend his recuperation period at Windsor Castle, where he is expected to be joined by the monarch.
"His Royal Highness would like to convey his appreciation for the messages of good wishes he has received," the palace said in a statement.
His daughter, Princess Anne – the Princess Royal, was the only royal visitor to the hospital, who had described him "on good form" after she visited her father yesterday.
Prince Philip had announced his retirement in May 2017, after decades of supporting the Queen as well as attending events for his own charities and organisations.
A month later he was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital as "a precautionary measure" following an infection arising from a pre-existing condition.
His final solo engagement was in August last year, when he reviewed a parade of Royal Marines outside Buckingham Palace in his capacity as Captain General of the Corps. But he has since appeared several times at engagements alongside the 91-year-old queen.
His surgery comes ahead of a busy time for the royal family, with Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, due to give birth to her third child some time this month, and the wedding of his grandson, Prince Harry, with Meghan Markle on May 19.
- Scarlett Johansson, Colin Jost make loved-up red carpet debut 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- With world's largest online recruitment drive, Railways set to 'save 10 lakh trees' 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Bharti Airtel's fourth quarter net profit drops 78% 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Tom Hardy impresses all with 'Venom' avatar 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Google unveils new search experience for job-seekers in India 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Rouhani warns Trump against walking away from n-deal 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Off-spinner with leg-breaks is like a multi-lingual: Tendulkar 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sania-Shoaib set to become parents 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Facebook took action on 1.9mn terror-related content 24 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Key US panel narrowly recommends Pompeo as secretary of state 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...