Priyanka Chopra apologises for 'Indian nationalists' terror plot in 'Quantico'
Priyanka Chopra apologised for a recent episode in "Quantico", following online backlash for the 'Indian nationalists' terror plot line in her show.
The 35-year-old actor took to Twitter to clear the air around the episode, titled 'The Blood of Romeo', which received a lot of backlash from Indian fans of the show, who criticised her of being a part of the storyline that showed India in a negative light.
Calling herself a "proud Indian", Chopra said she is "extremely saddened" and that hurting sentiments of people was never her intention.
"I'm extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of 'Quantico'. That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologise. I'm a proud Indian and that will never change," she tweeted.
Chopra's remarks come a day after ABC's statement where the network apologised for stepping into a "complex political issue" with the latest episode of "Quantico", which showed 'Indian nationalists' planning to carry out a terrorist attack in Manhattan and frame Pakistan for it days before a summit on Kashmir.
The producers said the actor was not to be blamed for the episode as she did not have a creative control over it.
Chopra, who became the first Indian actor to play a lead role in an American TV series, portrays FBI agent Alex Parrish on the show, which is currently in its third and final season.
- Around 6000 railway station chiefs to get AC in cabins 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Neymar limps out of training, setting Brazilian alarm bells ringing 19 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Adobe announces new Office 365 integrations 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Global indexes drop as Trump threatens more China tariffs 19 Jun 2018 | AP
- Google to train 8,000 Indian journalists on fact-checking 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Google rolling out desktop browser support for Android Messages 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Samsung's new ultrasound device delivers 3D images of foetuses 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead at 20 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 'Chirp' app brings back Twitter functionalities to Apple Watch 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- 'Black Panther', 'Stranger Things' big winners at MTV Awards 2018 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...