- Bollywood legend Sridevi passes away at the age of 54
- India beat South Africa by 7 runs to clinch series 2-1
- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Renault showcases 2 EVs, seeks policy, infra roadmap
French auto major Renault today showcased its electric concept cars TREZOR and ZOE e- Sport at the Auto Expo 2018 here and said it is awaiting a clear policy and roadmap on infrastructure for electric vehicles to take a long-term strategic decision.
The company also showcased its Formula One car R.S. 17, the first car put together from scratch by the Renault Sport Formula One Team, Renault India said.
Besides, the French auto maker also displayed its range of Kwid Super Hero Edition.
"We have seen a shift towards better design and technology and globally the shift is towards electric autonomous and connected cars," Renault India country CEO and MD Sumit Sawhney told reporters here.
The company is well poised, optimistic and excited about its journey in India which is an important part of its global strategy, he said.
"Now that a transformation to E cars is inevitable in India, we await a clear policy towards government support incentives and R&D along with a clear roadmap for necessary infrastructure to enable us to adequately prepare to take strategic long-term decisions," he added.
Stating that India will be the third largest automotive market in the world by 2021, he said the company is serious about EV market in India which will play a key role in developing competence and knowledge about advanced and affordable EVs, and for that they would leverage the technology centre in India.
A two-seater electric coupe, TREZOR is 4.7-metre long, 2.18-metre wide and 1.08-metre high.
On the other hand, The ZOE e-Sport Concept is a fully electric concept made from lightweight carbon fibre, which helps to ensure outstanding acceleration from standstill to 100kph in just 3.2 seconds.
The 14th edition of the biennial Auto Expo kicked off at the outskirts of National Capital today and will continue till February 14.
- Steve Smith to lead Rajasthan Royals in 2018 IPL 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Kovind, Modi mourn Sridevi's death 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Rahul flags off Vrukshathon in Vijayapura 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Kylie cosmetics' new line inspired by daughter 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Dating app Tinder facilitates infidelity: study 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- UN backs Syria ceasefire as death toll in rebel enclave tops 500 25 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Mexican leader's visit with Trump shelved over wall: media 25 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Police caution people against tricky online deals in Mewat region 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Modi stresses on public safety in 'Mann Ki Baat' 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Vehicle crashes into barrier near White House 24 Feb 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
25 Feb 2018 | M Venkaiah Naidu
Today, we are conferring International Gandhi Award-2017 on two outstanding personalities, Dr MD Gupte and Dr Atul Shah, for their selfless and humanitarian services in the cause of elimination of leprosy and in alleviating the suffering of leprosy-affected patients. Leprosy has been prevalent in our country since a very long time...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Feb 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Jharkhand would be probably first state of the country where the fleet of common service centres (CSCs) or Pragya Kendra spread all across, especially in smaller towns and villages, would double as telemedicine centres. Department of IT and e-Governance has prepared itself to launch the medical service through CSCs under which any family can get consultation with doctors as many as eight times in a month, get prescribed medicines over there...