Renault showcases 2 EVs, seeks policy, infra roadmap
French auto major Renault today showcased its electric concept cars TREZOR and ZOE e- Sport at the Auto Expo 2018 here and said it is awaiting a clear policy and roadmap on infrastructure for electric vehicles to take a long-term strategic decision.
The company also showcased its Formula One car R.S. 17, the first car put together from scratch by the Renault Sport Formula One Team, Renault India said.
Besides, the French auto maker also displayed its range of Kwid Super Hero Edition.
"We have seen a shift towards better design and technology and globally the shift is towards electric autonomous and connected cars," Renault India country CEO and MD Sumit Sawhney told reporters here.
The company is well poised, optimistic and excited about its journey in India which is an important part of its global strategy, he said.
"Now that a transformation to E cars is inevitable in India, we await a clear policy towards government support incentives and R&D along with a clear roadmap for necessary infrastructure to enable us to adequately prepare to take strategic long-term decisions," he added.
Stating that India will be the third largest automotive market in the world by 2021, he said the company is serious about EV market in India which will play a key role in developing competence and knowledge about advanced and affordable EVs, and for that they would leverage the technology centre in India.
A two-seater electric coupe, TREZOR is 4.7-metre long, 2.18-metre wide and 1.08-metre high.
On the other hand, The ZOE e-Sport Concept is a fully electric concept made from lightweight carbon fibre, which helps to ensure outstanding acceleration from standstill to 100kph in just 3.2 seconds.
The 14th edition of the biennial Auto Expo kicked off at the outskirts of National Capital today and will continue till February 14.
- Hot day in Delhi, strong winds likely tomorrow 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Delhi Daredevils knock Mumbai Indians out of IPL with 11-run win 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Japanese director Kore-eda wins Palme d'Or for 'Shoplifters' at Cannes Film Festival 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Ronaldo and Bale score in Real draw as Zinedine son makes debut 20 May 2018 | AFP
- Cuba plane crash: Black box recovered in 'good condition' 20 May 2018 | IANS
- 1.9 bn people watched royal wedding: report 20 May 2018 | PTI
- IMD warns of thunderstorm tonight 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-leader slams 'public trial' of family 19 May 2018 | AP
- Trump nominates Pacific commander as America's new envoy to S Korea 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra sports chic dress suit at royal wedding 19 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...