Ryan Reynolds makes surprise appearance on South Korean show
Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds was greeted with a deafening round of applause and happy screams when the actor made a surprise appearance on a South Korean TV reality singing show.
The 41-year-old actor, who was in the country to promote his upcoming film "Deadpool 2", wore a unicorn mask and a silver cape and sang the Annie classic "Tomorrow" on the show titled "King of Masked Singer".
In the video available on the verified MBCentertainment YouTube channel, Reynolds can be seen beginning the episode with his song. Both the judges along with the audience listened to the song in rapt attention, trying to ascertain the identity of the masked singer.
They appeared impressed with the performance and the actor received a resounding applause for his performance.
The Hollywood star, then, pulled the mask away and waved to the rising crazy screams and greater applause erupting from the audience members.
The judges too appeared shocked at the revelation.
The host announced (in subtitles), "This contestant is the main character of the movie 'Deadpool'. The best villainous hero of Hollywood. It's Ryan Reynolds.
"The unicorn, who gave us a special grand opening for today's stage, is Hollywood's star Ryan Reynolds."
The actor, who was accompanied by a translator, said in his wry sense of humour style, "Hello, everybody. I'm so sorry about that song..."
"Thank you guys for having me. This is such a thrill, this is an unbelievable honour for me. You guys pushed me to my limits and I thank you for that. That's just the best, thank you," he added.
When the host asked whether he was nervous about his performance, Reynolds said, "Yes, absolutely. I'm wearing an adult diaper."
He also quipped that he did not even tell "my wife" (Blake Lively) about his secret appearance on the South Korean show, which is best known for showcasing the hidden vocal talents of K-pop idols.
"Deadpool 2" releases this Friday.
- Hot day in Delhi, strong winds likely tomorrow 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Delhi Daredevils knock Mumbai Indians out of IPL with 11-run win 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Japanese director Kore-eda wins Palme d'Or for 'Shoplifters' at Cannes Film Festival 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Ronaldo and Bale score in Real draw as Zinedine son makes debut 20 May 2018 | AFP
- Cuba plane crash: Black box recovered in 'good condition' 20 May 2018 | IANS
- 1.9 bn people watched royal wedding: report 20 May 2018 | PTI
- IMD warns of thunderstorm tonight 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-leader slams 'public trial' of family 19 May 2018 | AP
- Trump nominates Pacific commander as America's new envoy to S Korea 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra sports chic dress suit at royal wedding 19 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | Bokaro
More than dozens of the trains were affected after a traffic block conducted by railway on Bokaro-Kotshila rail block on Saturday. The traffic block was conducted to eliminate two unmanned railway crossing between Bokaro and Kotshila and to construct limited height subway there, informed S K Srivastava DRM Adra Division...