- Bollywood legend Sridevi passes away at the age of 54
- India beat South Africa by 7 runs to clinch series 2-1
- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Suzuki Motorcycle aims one million sales by 2020
Suzuki Motorcycle India (SMIPL), the wholly-owned two-wheeler arm of Suzuki Motor Corp, is aiming to achieve one million units annual sales by 2020.
Suzuki Motor Corp, which is witnessing fastest growth globally in the segment here, would continue to invest and strengthen its product portfolio in the Indian market.
SMIPL is witnessing a year-on-year growth of 40 per cent in the Indian market and would strengthen its portfolio in scooter and 150 CC motorcycle segments every year.
"We now have growth drivers to help us achieve our target of clocking one million sales by 2020," said SMIPL Managing Director Satoshi Uchida.
As per its strategy to focus on "premium and performance" segment, SMIPL today launched Burgman Street, a 125 CC scooter at Auto Expo here.
It also introduced GSX -S750 in sub-1,000 CC big bike segment, which would be manufactured locally.
"The new GSX 750 will be Suzuki Motorcycle's second made-in-India big bike after Hayabusa," the company said.
SMIPL also introduced new fuel injection variant of its cruiser bike, Intruder.
Highlighting the importance of the Indian market, Suzuki Motor Corp Executive General Manager Masahiro Nishikawa said the company would continue to invest in Indian operations.
"We would continue to invest towards ensuring that SMIPL continues its upward growth trajectory in India," he said.
Nishikawa further added: "India is an important market for Suzuki Motor Corp globally. It is not only one of the biggest markets for two-wheelers globally, but is also one of the fastest growing with maximum potential in segments that Suzuki has expertise in."
The company has showcased 17 models in the Auto Expo here across scooter, motorcycle and big bike segments.
- Steve Smith to lead Rajasthan Royals in 2018 IPL 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Kovind, Modi mourn Sridevi's death 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Rahul flags off Vrukshathon in Vijayapura 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Kylie cosmetics' new line inspired by daughter 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Dating app Tinder facilitates infidelity: study 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- UN backs Syria ceasefire as death toll in rebel enclave tops 500 25 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Mexican leader's visit with Trump shelved over wall: media 25 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Police caution people against tricky online deals in Mewat region 25 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Modi stresses on public safety in 'Mann Ki Baat' 25 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Vehicle crashes into barrier near White House 24 Feb 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
25 Feb 2018 | M Venkaiah Naidu
Today, we are conferring International Gandhi Award-2017 on two outstanding personalities, Dr MD Gupte and Dr Atul Shah, for their selfless and humanitarian services in the cause of elimination of leprosy and in alleviating the suffering of leprosy-affected patients. Leprosy has been prevalent in our country since a very long time...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Feb 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Jharkhand would be probably first state of the country where the fleet of common service centres (CSCs) or Pragya Kendra spread all across, especially in smaller towns and villages, would double as telemedicine centres. Department of IT and e-Governance has prepared itself to launch the medical service through CSCs under which any family can get consultation with doctors as many as eight times in a month, get prescribed medicines over there...