Suzuki Motorcycle aims one million sales by 2020
Suzuki Motorcycle India (SMIPL), the wholly-owned two-wheeler arm of Suzuki Motor Corp, is aiming to achieve one million units annual sales by 2020.
Suzuki Motor Corp, which is witnessing fastest growth globally in the segment here, would continue to invest and strengthen its product portfolio in the Indian market.
SMIPL is witnessing a year-on-year growth of 40 per cent in the Indian market and would strengthen its portfolio in scooter and 150 CC motorcycle segments every year.
"We now have growth drivers to help us achieve our target of clocking one million sales by 2020," said SMIPL Managing Director Satoshi Uchida.
As per its strategy to focus on "premium and performance" segment, SMIPL today launched Burgman Street, a 125 CC scooter at Auto Expo here.
It also introduced GSX -S750 in sub-1,000 CC big bike segment, which would be manufactured locally.
"The new GSX 750 will be Suzuki Motorcycle's second made-in-India big bike after Hayabusa," the company said.
SMIPL also introduced new fuel injection variant of its cruiser bike, Intruder.
Highlighting the importance of the Indian market, Suzuki Motor Corp Executive General Manager Masahiro Nishikawa said the company would continue to invest in Indian operations.
"We would continue to invest towards ensuring that SMIPL continues its upward growth trajectory in India," he said.
Nishikawa further added: "India is an important market for Suzuki Motor Corp globally. It is not only one of the biggest markets for two-wheelers globally, but is also one of the fastest growing with maximum potential in segments that Suzuki has expertise in."
The company has showcased 17 models in the Auto Expo here across scooter, motorcycle and big bike segments.
- Hot day in Delhi, strong winds likely tomorrow 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Delhi Daredevils knock Mumbai Indians out of IPL with 11-run win 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Japanese director Kore-eda wins Palme d'Or for 'Shoplifters' at Cannes Film Festival 20 May 2018 | PTI
- Ronaldo and Bale score in Real draw as Zinedine son makes debut 20 May 2018 | AFP
- Cuba plane crash: Black box recovered in 'good condition' 20 May 2018 | IANS
- 1.9 bn people watched royal wedding: report 20 May 2018 | PTI
- IMD warns of thunderstorm tonight 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-leader slams 'public trial' of family 19 May 2018 | AP
- Trump nominates Pacific commander as America's new envoy to S Korea 19 May 2018 | PTI
- Priyanka Chopra sports chic dress suit at royal wedding 19 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...