US-led strikes on Syria pro-regime forces kill 100: official
The US-led anti-jihadist coalition carried out strikes in "self-defense" against forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, leaving an estimated more than 100 pro-regime personnel dead, a US military official said.
"We estimate more than 100 Syrian pro-regime forces were killed while engaging SDF and coalition forces," the official said, referring to the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces.
- Trump meets shooting survivors, suggests arming teachers 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Ivanka Trump to attend Olympics Closing Ceremony with US delegation 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Constant drizzle made life difficult for bowlers: Kohli 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Suspected grenade attack on US embassy compound in Montenegro: Govt 22 Feb 2018 | AFP
- Ford's N. America head leaves company after misconduct allegations 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Copyright lawsuit filed against 'The Shape of Water' makers 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India 7th most targeted nation for Web Application Attacks: Report 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Trump pushes for ban on rapid-fire gun 'bump stocks' 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay, Google Wallet 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Williams says terrifying health scare almost killed her 21 Feb 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Feb 2018 | PNS
Ganjam OPTCL Clerk caught taking bribe Brahmapur: The Vigilance police on Wednesday caught OPTCL Junior Clerk Jugal Kishore Parida red-handed for demanding and accepting bribe of Rs 8,000 from one Jayram Rout of Dhakinapur village in Ganjam district for processing the file to enable Jayaram Rout’s father Narasingh Rout to receive his pending EPF amounting to Rs 94,279. Parida’s residential Government quarter was also searched...