VP Naidu, PM Modi express grief over Shashi Kapoor's death
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi today expressed sorrow over the death of veteran actor Shashi Kapoor, saying his acting will be remembered for generations to come.
The legendary Bollywood actor, the romantic screen icon of the 70s and 80s, died this evening in Mumbai.
"Saddened by the passing away of veteran actor Shashi Kapoor. He will always be remembered for the memorable roles he played in a number of films. May his soul rest in peace," Naidu said on Twitter.
Modi said Kapoor's versatility could be seen in his movies as well as in theatre, which he promoted with great passion.
"His brilliant acting will be remembered for generations to come. Saddened by his demise. Condolences to his family and admirers," the PM tweeted.
- India, Netherlands seek concrete action against terrorism 24 May 2018 | PTI
- PUBG game crosses 10 mn daily active users 24 May 2018 | IANS
- 'Raazi' made me realise it's important to be in successful films: Arif Zakaria 24 May 2018 | IANS
- Facebook unveils three-pronged strategy to fight fake news 24 May 2018 | IANS
- Will post my fitness video soon: Modi 24 May 2018 | IANS
- Trump to consider possible import duties on automobiles 24 May 2018 | IANS
- Sidharth urges PM for 'stronger penalties' against abusing of animals 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Salman pens song for 'Race 3', Atif, Iulia croon 24 May 2018 | PTI
- India moves one notch up to 44th rank in IMD's competitiveness rankings 24 May 2018 | PTI
- SpaceX launches 7 satellites for NASA, Iridium 23 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...