Would love to do my father's biopic: Varun Dhawan
It is the season of biopics in Bollywood but on actor Varun Dhawan's wishlist is only one man, his filmmaker father David Dhawan.
The actor said he is scared of doing biopics but if he had to do one, he would like to chronicle the life of his father on the big screen.
David, real name Rajinder Dhawan, is a graduate from Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). He is best known for his string of comedy films with Govinda in the '90s.
"If I have to do a biography on someone, it would be my dad. I think it would be about his early life, till the time he didn't have me," the actor said at an event here.
Varun said he approaches his fictional characters as if they are the stories of real people.
"Whenever I am offered a biopic, I get scared. Most of the times, I don't want to do one. I approach even my fictional characters as biopic characters. I am playing a tailor in 'Sui Dhaga'. It's not based on a particular person but it's based on my observations of common people and how they go to work."
Varun currently has his slate full with films like "Kalank", "Ranbhoomi" and an untitled project with Katrina Kaif.
He was speaking at the book launch of author Amish Tripathi's new book "Suheldev & The Battle Of Bahraich".
Biopics have proved to be a successful genre in Hindi cinema with the success of films such as "Mary Kom", "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag", "Dangal" and "Dhoni: The Untold Story".
Sanjay Dutt is the latest personality to get a film on his life. Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, "Sanju" features Ranbir Kapoor in lead role.
- Around 6000 railway station chiefs to get AC in cabins 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Neymar limps out of training, setting Brazilian alarm bells ringing 19 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Adobe announces new Office 365 integrations 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Global indexes drop as Trump threatens more China tariffs 19 Jun 2018 | AP
- Google to train 8,000 Indian journalists on fact-checking 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Google rolling out desktop browser support for Android Messages 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Samsung's new ultrasound device delivers 3D images of foetuses 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead at 20 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- 'Chirp' app brings back Twitter functionalities to Apple Watch 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- 'Black Panther', 'Stranger Things' big winners at MTV Awards 2018 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...