- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration
- Three soldiers missing as avalanche hits forward post in J-K
Wendell Rodrick’s Indigofera is deeply influenced by the indigo plantation
Padma Shri award-winning designer, Wendell Rodricks’ collection Indigofera has been inspired from the Indigo plant in various interpretations. From it’s beautiful blue colour to its leaf shaped silhouettes. From leaf stalk inspired pleating detail to the use of denim, Indigofera is the most modern visual of the fabled Indian indigo dye from antiquity in a paradigm shift for 2018 international fashion.
Complimenting colours along with Indigo form a summer palette. Indigo was offset with hues of ivory, pale arctic blue, leaf green, orchid pink, marmalade orange, coral red, egg yolk yellow and rose quartz. This beautiful palette embraced a variety of fabrics — denim, Oxford denim, Malkhanon-bailed cotton with a ‘spring’ in the weave, Gauze linen cotton and pure linen.
Using a vertical, long line silhouette, design innovations such as hand sewed pleats, 3D pleated collars and stoles, layered sleeves, cutaway blousons, wrap belt ties, leaf shaped pattern pieces and layered skirt-pants.
Keeping with the Wendell Rodricks DNA, Schulen Fernandes retains the designer label affinity for minimalism, Goan ethos, sharp colour contrasts, structure and Indian geometric lines.
- In the footsteps of a master 12 Dec 2017 | Uma Nair
- Fathers and sons 12 Dec 2017 | Utpal K Banerjee
- Trend blazer 12 Dec 2017 | Pioneer
- Songs of experience 12 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
- Mid-air code 12 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Peace mission stuck to purpose 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- God is universal 11 Dec 2017 | Rajyogi Brahmkumar Nikunj
- Rise in teen suicide, social media coincide 11 Dec 2017 | Team Viva
- Trend blazer 11 Dec 2017 | Agencies
- Vintage ride 11 Dec 2017 | Kritika Dua
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
After revised notification by DOPT, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered the case in the 'sex CD' matter. According to official sources in Police Headquarters, the notification of the DOPT dated December 7 reached the PHQ on Monday...